Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ghost shifting
  • beato
    Free Member

having problems with my shifting on my full susser – ghost shifting – anybody got a solution.

nickc

Clean cables, or replace.

radoggair
    Free Member

tell the ghost to get his own bike!! 😉

beato
    Free Member

done that, just can't get it not to. so bloody frustrating, maybe i need to spend some time ultra fine tuning the derailleur

jedi

does the cable route tightly at bends

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Pop the ferrules of the cable sleeves and trim the pointy out wires back.

speaker2animals

Have you got too much or too little cable? Especially the section where cable goes between the main frame and "swinging arm". I'm assuming you're not running full outers.

rOcKeTdOg

check cable runs,kinked cables as suspension compresses actually can pull some cable and change gear. how old is the cassette?, worn cassette will cause chain skipping

tinsy
    Free Member

Had this recently myself, it was only doing it a bit but enough to be annoying, I had bought myself a new frame so swapped all the bits over addng new cables, still ghosting, its was time for a new drivetrain, that didnt solve it, I bought a new mech as I wanted a medium cage anyhow, so thats was it the whole damn lot changed except the shifters and it still ghosted occasionally, in my case it was the very last thing and clean and re lube of the shifter itself had it perfect again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, check the outers are long enough to account for suspension movement and not snagging on anything.

Also check your mech hanger isn't bent. Even a tiny bend can cause odd shifting problems. Take it off and put it on a flat surface to check.

beato
    Free Member

thanks for all the advice. that's my forum cherry well and truly popped. cheers, will try some of the stuff, sounds like it could well be cable length, was used to hardtails.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Also make sure any bolts on links/pivots are the right tightness as a bit of flex/movement under pedalling can get the ghost going.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ghost shifting’ is closed to new replies.