Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ghetto tubeless rimstrip reuse
  • HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Got my first puncture in 4 months of using Ghetto tubeless last night
    9:30pm temperature below freezing, pretty typical really.

So…
    Can I reuse the 20″ inner tube rim strip I replaced with an inner tube last night or do I need to make a new one?

Is it best to use a tubeless repair kit on the tyre or just a patch on the inside. What does everyone else do.

Cheers

Martin..

uplink
    Free Member

Should be fine re-using the tube

imp999
    Free Member

I have re-used the rim strip(snipped inner tube) when I changed tyres. It was a real fiddle, though, to get the edges lined up with the rim edges as I had cut them very close and they kept sinking into the rim as I was trying to inflate the tyre. The second set I did I left more of an overlap- Not as pretty but I think I will be able to guarantee coverage.
    Did you have any sealant in the tyre? If you did then I would imagine the damage must be quite bad. I would use a std patch on the inside of the tyre if I thought the damage wasn’t too bad but I have not had to do this yet. Someone said super glue worked well too.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Had JRA wheelmilk in the tyre, although It had been in 4 months without top up.
    It was a thorn hole, deflated the tyre in about a minute, I could hear the hiss riding along.
    I’ll have a go and see if I get anywhere reusing it.
    Cheers
    Martin..

emac65
    Free Member

I was dead proud of myself when I trimmed the tube right up against the wheel rim,till I needed to change tyres that is….
    Now as above,I leave a bit of an overlap…

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Can’t inflate them with the track pump, so off to the garage tomorrow for the air line.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto tubeless rimstrip reuse’ is closed to new replies.