Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting your lever adjustment perfect?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

So, I’ve got some SRAM Guide RS brakes and I’m trying to get my setup dialled. The problem I’ve got is, once my gloves are on, I find my finger having to reach too far out to pull it. It’s ok on short rides, or trails I know, but on longer descents I find myself getting arm pump.

If I wind the adjustment all the way in, then I don’t have to reach as far, but the brake doesn’t bit as well as it could when the lever is further out. I have tested this while stationary to rule out a perception problem.

Any ideas? The arm pump is pretty annoying.

golo
    Free Member

This is the thing that tempts me to RSC. The mechanics’ answer is to take the wheel off and pump the brakes gently to move the pistons in a bit so the bite happens earlier.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Even if that works, it’s only a temporary fix, as the pads wear, they’ll go back to what they were before. It’s what an open system does. Maybe try a brake with separate reach and bite point adjustment.

I like my hope tech levers because I like the blade resting in pretty close to the bar but with an early bite.

Rubber_Buccaneer

try a brake with separate reach and bite point adjustment

Is the answer unless you find some brakes that just happen to have the bite point where you like it.

Or MTFU 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

In practice with my shimanos, it’s rarely a problem to run the levers short and close to the bars. It does get some getting used too, and plenty of riders have said ‘how can you ride like that?’ But the fact is. It mitgates arm pump and increases margin for brake pump too.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Bro, I have a tiny baby hands.

RSC contact point adjustment from what I’m reading is not consistent. XTs with the “free stroke” adjustment may be what I need.

Or MTFU like you’ve said! Time to hit the gym.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Getting your lever adjustment perfect?’ is closed to new replies.