Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • getting used to feeling hungry?? how to!
  • renton
    Free Member

im desperate to lose some weight and really want to try and go for it but im having trouble.
    Every time i feel hungry i start feeling bad hunger pains and start feeling weak and light headed.
    i then give in and have to eat something(normally something sugary or sweet!!)

how do i overcome this as its really getting to me now.

roblerner
    Free Member

Eat something that isn’t sugary or sweet? Unless it’s fruit.

Try eating smaller meals more often – get yourself a small bowl (and eat all your meals from it) to limit portion sizes. That way you’ll feel less hungry, your stomach will shrink & get used to smaller meals and your metabolism will speed up.

trailmonkey

Drink lots of water.

roblerner
    Free Member

Oh, and not sure if this applies to you, but I take in 1 sandwich and 2 pieces of fruit to work. Nothing else, and I leave my wallet at home so I can’t buy anything!

Jamie
    Free Member

MFTU and have some willpower.

Touch but fair advice i think you will find.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Nairns ginger oatcakes – the perfect munchie beater, nice low GI carbs and good flavour to pacify the taste buds…..

finbar
    Free Member

The trouble with eating fruit or drinking water when you’re hungry, is that you’re not getting used to feeling that way. Next time you get peckish and all that is on hand is a pack of biccies you’ll scoff those instead and be back to square one.

A week is all it’ll take. Distract yourself with TV or films or bike rides or whatever, and after a week you’ll stop getting cravings half as bad.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You need to eat something better to fill you up as if you get hungry you do exactly what you’re saying you’re doing! I can’t do that either as the minute I get hungry I get very very grumpy and can’t function at all! I then get a severe stomach ache and then I go past eating and can’t eat due to severe stomach pains but have to eat! Basically have to go to sleep until stomach pains go! It’s a nightmare especially doing things like going on holiday with friends who eat really late compared to me!
    getting used to eating fruit or oat cakes with grapes are good!!

zaskar
    Free Member

Low GI, high fibre and high protein foods work.

You have to give your body time to react so do it gently instead shocking your body with low amount food. Do it gradualy like weening someone of fags.

Or whatever works for you.

Smee
    Free Member

Have some willpower man.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

My key piece of advice on this:

GO TO BED *SLIGHTLY* HUNGRY

You’ll wake up feeling fine, having slept right through (in fact probably better, even, because you haven’t been digesting food all night). The rest of the day you can just eat normaly – no hunger pangs.

My second piece of advice:

Train in the morning for 30 mins before breakfast 1 or 2 mornings a week

Do these two things – and avoid chocolate and other sugary cr@p and the weight’ll just fall off..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t starve yourself – thats when you get the blood sugar drop leading to what you are feeling – low GI foods are what you need plus waiting for your stomach to shink.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘getting used to feeling hungry?? how to!’ is closed to new replies.