Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Germany vs Australia
  • romster
    Free Member

Marcel was class, did you see him celebrate the ghana goal? Ha ha quality!

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah bring back Ruud Gullitt and his "shekshie football" 😉

Sam

Hmm, that wasn't exactly great… Germany looking very good though. Still confident we can beat Ghana and Serbia to at least go tot the next round. England are going to have a tough time against germany…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

This Cordon pish that is on the tv now is utter drivel.

tails
    Free Member

That leonardo is an okay pundit and can at least speak clearly, plus one of my first world cup memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rSHY9aFBI

tails
    Free Member

from that I see you struggling to beat ghana or serbia.

donald
    Free Member
    maxray
    Free Member

Without chill you are stuffed I'm afraid.

tails
    Free Member

lol @ donald good find

IainGillam
    Free Member

I don't have that much interest in football generally since I stopped playing but I enjoyed watching that, the Germans were just fantastic on occasion the play in the oppositions box was awsome. That match was essentially what we needed to have done yesterday, simmilar scenario going in a top flight team against okayish team except the Germans obliterated the Aussies and we floundered against the yanks.

Iain

theotherjonv

US are a far superior team to Australia. Australia are the same group who performed adequately last WC but it's 4 years on now.

Said it before, say it again. The performance last night was not bad. Not brilliant but the US is a decent enough side to play against, and were very well organised. They beat Spain a few months ago, and were 2-0 up against Brazil before folding. Several times we were inches away (Heskey should have scored, SWP should have done better, there was a last ditch interception from a Lennon cross with Gerrard unmarked awaiting a tap in, another pull back just went behind Rooney…. to name but a few). We could have easily have scored 4 just like the Germans.

Instead, one very poor goalkeeping error and we might as well come home now and save any more embarrassment. Get real folks.

You don't win the World Cup in your first game. Get through the group, then we'll see what's what.

MrGreedy

Couldn't agree more with that very level-headed assessment, theotherjonv. Sadly that's not the kind of hyperbole that sells newpapers or gets attention on phone-ins so we'll just have to put up with the usual tabloid oscillation between national disgrace and world-beating triumphalism. 😕

theotherjonv

Thanks MrG. Agree with you 100% too. Be interesting to see for example the German press's reaction to their win. I suspect far more level headed.

Look folks. If you're a football hater and think they're a bunch of overpaid nancies, we know your views already ta.

For the rest of us. For better or worse, these are the 23 that Mr Capello has selected to represent us, and from these 23 will come the 14 each game that will play. For now at least what they need is our unconditional support. No one plays bad for fun; and whether at home in the pubs or abroad in the stadiums, our praise and support for all the good things we do is what's needed now.

The time for post-mortems is after the patient is dead, not before. For now, let's get behind them.

tails
    Free Member

Saying on the news today that ledley is **** 🙁 Shame as him an dawson could have been used.

What will happen next game? I think crouch will start as he always does well against "lesser" teams.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Surely the good news is that we didn't lose the opening match so are still in with a very good chance of progressing to the next round. Sure, Green's mistake was a howler, right up there with the very best of them, but these things happen. The other twonin the group that played yesterday looked pretty woeful and so we should be able to beat them quite comfortably. As was mentioned several times in the post match analysis it may well come down to who can score the most goals against them. Provided we play to our best then it should be us. Biggest concern of the night for me was Carra. Very slow. Ok, so the US guys against him were fast but against a decent team I think both him and Terry would have been found out.

Agree with above comments on Germany too. Looked very good, very calm and very efficient. You can never tell how good when playing fairly mediocre opposition and the Aussies were quite poor. On the basis of yesterdays games expect Germany to top the group which makes it more important for us to make sure we top our group.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Germany vs Australia’ is closed to new replies.