Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Genesis Longitude type frames
  • survivor

Just wondering if anyone can recommend similar frames to the genesis longitude.

I’m after something that can take:

29″ wheels
    Rigid forks
    Offroad/Commute/tour with ability to play on singletrack if I find it
    Bottle/rack and guard mounts galore for potential future use

I’d really like to use a 30.9mm dropper post I’ve got spare now hence only finding the genesis so far that fits my requirements.

This’ll be my first bike of this type so know nothing of what’s avaliable.

fin25
    Free Member

Have a look at Surly’s website, they have a few bikes that suit (krampus, karate monkey, ogre, ecr).
    What budget?

fin25
    Free Member

Also, Marin pine mountain 1, a bargain at £750

survivor

Thanks for the options. I’m hoping as much under £500 as possible for frame as I’ve got most bits to bid it up. Although that Marin looks a good deal.

Looks as if the dropper post is going to be the sticking point though. Most of what I’ve seen so far is 27.2 but I guess that’ll just have to be a bonus if I find one that fits.

sv

Pinnacle Ramin 1 £425 for a full bike?

Evans link

pinetree
    Free Member

I just built a surly ogre for the exact requirements you just stated.
    It’s a weighty beast, but is a right giggle to ride. Would thoroughly recommend it!

I almost bought a longitude a while back, but the price of the frameset is now almost the same as the ogre, so I figured I might as well get the real McCoy for the sake of small difference between the two.

Will get round to taking some photos eventually, when it’s not so utterly shitty outside…

shuhockey
    Free Member

Selling a longitude if you are interested 19 inch. In the classifieds..

survivor

I’d be needing a larger frame unfortunately but nice try ?

johnnystorm

If you’re too big for a 19″ then you have literally no excuse not to get a Krampus!

pigyn
    Free Member

Currently trying to get some of these for stock…Traitor Slot

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I did read on here that Pinnacle were producing something similar for the bikepacking type thing 🙂 … still waiting for jameso to publish some details and pics etc

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Longitude type frames’ is closed to new replies.