Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Gee Atherton crashed & broken tibia!
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

My Fury is awesome, it also has all the offset thingies though. I should probably have a ride of it at some point….

ashfanman
    Free Member

I heard he removed the reflectors and bell, then swapped the plastic pedals for some metal ones. It was barely a GT Fury by the time he’d finished.

😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

muddy fox!

That’s the one, my mistake.

and they rode respayed and stickered intense m-1’s

IIRC only Gee had an M1?

its the same as the halfords teams riding azonic recoils and intense m3’s

I vaguely remember Marc Beaumont riding Azonic Recoils for halfords, then Hellen Gaskell riding M3’s badged as Carrera’s?

GW
    Free Member

TINAS – admit it, you don’t really have a clue what you’re talking about do you? Did you just make up the bit about Gee not knowing what the bike rode like?
    FWIW Dan originally rode for muddy fox while Gee rode for a shop deal. Soon after, Gee then joined Dan and Stanny etc. at Muddyfox they all rode production and proto/sample frames, later Animal became involved the team then split and the Athertons became the far slicker Animal-Muddyfox team and Rach joined her brothers. Yes they rode M1s in their last year with Muddyfox.. but Muddyfox never made another good DH racebike after the team descent and incidently both Dan and Gee not only knew what they rode like, they knew exactly how they liked them and won quite a few races onboard them
    (The frames were massively adjustable in geometry, sus wrate/ratio, travel, pedalling/braking characteristics)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TINAS – admit it, you don’t really have a clue what you’re talking about do you? Did you just make up the bit about Gee not knowing what the bike rode like?

Dirt interview shortly aftery they were dropped by muddyfox and started wit giant, pretty much word for word actualy.

legend
    Free Member

Dirt not exactly the most accurate of sources and Gee is often full of shit in interviews, so hardly conclusive. I’m sure he didn’t know what was under him here

GW
    Free Member

“Dropped by Muddyfox” 😆

Like I said, you clearly don’t know what you’re on about TINAS.

kaesae
    Free Member

I don’t care who wins what on the fury, it’s a shit design and looks gopping.

The sunshines on a dogs ass somedays, especially when it’s walking on it’s front legs doing tricks for the crowd.

Giant and Treks line up for me! the newer specialized demo is a bit better than the 2010 version, but still not for me.

The last photo of Gee licking snot from his upper lip, is a clasSick

chrisdw
    Free Member

it’s a shit design

And where are your references?

kaesae
    Free Member

Mine eyes can see 😯

scruff
    Free Member

So has he broken his leg or not? Shirley it would be all over Pinkbike etc.

snakebite
    Free Member

yes he has, if you joined the modern world with a smart phone, you would know instantly including what time he takes a dump…etc etc

kaesae
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

So out of curiosity Kaesae, how much time have you spent on the carbon Fury?

About the same amount of time that I would spend on a carbon fibre horse and cart!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

TINAS

I give up. What do you mean?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

kaesae

The sunshines on a dogs ass somedays, especially when it’s walking on it’s front legs doing tricks for the crowd.

Giant and Treks line up for me! the newer specialized demo is a bit better than the 2010 version, but still not for me.

Enlighten us if you could, on just what you think the draw backs of a isolated bottom bracket single pivot vs a rocker driven single pivot with concentric rear axle pivot vs maestro link actually are?

I’d also be keen to hear just what key differences you perceive in the current demo as opposed to the 2010, and what effect that has on the trail and why it’s “not for you?

Maybe you could compare and contrast the demo to the others too. Keen to get your insight.

kaesae
    Free Member

muddyfunster – Member

kaesae

Enlighten us if you could, on just what you think the draw backs of a isolated bottom bracket single pivot vs a rocker driven single pivot with concentric rear axle pivot vs maestro link actually are?

I’d also be keen to hear just what key differences you perceive in the current demo as opposed to the 2010, and what effect that has on the trail and why it’s “not for you?

Maybe you could compare and contrast the demo to the others too. Keen to get your insight.

Talk shite less, ride bikes more! Savve!

legend
    Free Member

Oh the irony!

chakaping
    Free Member

Erm, any news on Gee’s leg then?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

kaesae

No, go on. Please. You obviously have an opinion, why not back it up?

kaesae
    Free Member

Theories, simulations and all that useless shite! let’s just allow the results to speak for themselves.

I don’t like the demo and most of the other frame about, although I would ride them if I had too, they wouldn’t be my first choices for a bike build.

I do like the Giant Glory’s and the Trek Sessions and have liked them for a couple of years now.

Although I liked the Iron Horse Sunday’s more than the older Glory, I do very much like the newer Glory’s

So rider skill / accomplishments vs bike set up / mechanic.

The results will speak for themselves!

dabble
    Free Member

Getting back on point-

Damn Gee! You berk, why’d you have to go and crash? Get well soon n all that baaaalls.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Gee Atherton crashed & broken tibia!’ is closed to new replies.