Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • GB car sticker required for Ireland?
  • donncha

“It’s more of an observation than merely an opinion.”

I’m afraid this still makes it just an opinion.

There are many research studies quantifying and exploring this issue. Most tend to disagree with your opinion, e.g.:

ftp://194.30.43.113/frawebsite-sarenet-desarrollo/fraWebsite/material/doc/3ec508c004aec_doc_EN.pdf

andy4d

Just a few things from my experience as a scotsman living in Ireland.
    A. You will be fine without a GB sticker. Good shout about the toll on M50, never used to be able to chase uk cars for it but can now as my mate found out.
    B. Where is this mainland some speak of, are you talking about mainland Europe…..in my experience this will really annoy some Irish. The uk is not the mainland.
    C. My irish wife faced way more prejudice in our few years living in Scotland (stupid rangers, celtic type crap) than I ever have in 10 yrs living in ireland.

Just my few cents worth

squirrelking
    Free Member

Exactly, seen far more grief in Scotland than I’ve ever had from Irish.

And we don’t hate the English. They’re just ****. We are colonised by ****. We can’t even pick a decent, vibrant, healthy culture to be colonised by. No. We’re ruled by effete arseholes. What does that make us? The lowest of the **** low, tha’s what, the scum of the earth. The most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat intae creation.

😉

Saccades
    Free Member

As an englishman in ireland these last 17 years or so (in an IRA/SF strong town allegedly – well for the republic anyways), I’ve had bother once.

From 2 lads winding me up.

virtually no one gives a monkeys – those that do are rated as idiots by the rest.

I’m off to watch the trains… 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

Hatred of the English is part of the Irish psyche. In the same way the Scotch hate the English, or the French hate the English

I suspect you’re overestimating how much the Scotch, Frenchmen and Irishmen think about Albion.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hatred of the English is part of the Irish psyche. In the same way the Scotch hate the English, or the French hate the English

I generally find people who feel hated by other nationalities are generally hated by most people, nothing to do with their nationality.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘GB car sticker required for Ireland?’ is closed to new replies.