Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • gas and electric meters
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Currently doing a full refurb on a new restaurant in stockport and there are no connected services.

The previous tenant was fiddling both and got cut off owing several thousand pounds.

It needs a new 3 phase cutout and gas meter, essentially as it was before.
    I know it only takes an hour to physically fit them, but I need to know roughly how long from time of order to installation?

Project manager should be doing this but so far nothing has happened in the last 3 weeks. The whole job is currently operating from 1 double socket brought in temporarily from next door. I put a fused spur before it after being told it wasn’t necessary, gone through 12 x 13A fuses so far!

Is really holding the job up now

donks
    Free Member

If you need an existing service reconnected then I would think anything from 6-8 weeks, if you need new services brought in then 12 weeks plus…..sorry but unless you can apply the right pressure then utilities can be a real slow process and a huge pita

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gas Is the main culprit when it comes to hold ups I always find! Do bare in mind you’ll need to choose a supplier to get your meter fitted by which we will be different from who actually does the new/re connection works. 6/8 weeks ball park but it can vary massively!!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Cheers, just what I thought too!

**** pm is useless and isn’t listening.

Just finished a 4 page letter to the client airing my views add to why an August 17th opening will not happen.

You wouldn’t believe how much needs doing, but they’re concentrating on design. Want me to do 100 sqm of Venetian plastering too!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘gas and electric meters’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM