Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin 810 not connecting, but paired via Bluetooth?
  • swillybey
    Free Member

Evening all,
    My Garmin 810 does not want to connect to my Samsung phone via bluetooth, even though they are paired they are not connected.
    Ive tried a hard reset on the 810 and downloaded a fresh version of Garmin Connect on the phone, and the 810 is up to date.

Any ideas? Not sure why they know the other one exists and can pair, but won’t connect.

Cheers!

ready

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. Tried everything, but nothing worked. Got to the point where I was looking at other Garmins when all of a sudden it started working fine again. Almost like there was a massive log jam that cleared…?

PJay
    Free Member

Sometimes removing the device pairing from the Garmin Connect app and re-adding it can help.

Sometimes I get the odd situation where my Oregon displays that it’s connect to my phone, but the Garmin Connect app on the phone indicates that it’s not connected to the Oregon; Garmin software always seems a bit ropey.

baddddad
    Free Member

Whilst it may seem like a sledgehammer/nut solution, stick the Garmin on eBay and buy a wahoo. After numerous connectivity problems with Garmin’s over the years, I switched to an elemnt roam and haven’t had any problems at all. Much easier for getting routes loaded on and I find it easier to follow routes on (the route line is very distinct from the roads). Setup is much easier with the phone app too.

Do miss a couple of things on the Garmin (di2 compatibility is better, not having to page through all the screens to get to the previous one) but not having to remove and reconnect the device every few rides is worth it alone.

lunge

If you’ve reinstalled the app, have you connected the devise to it via Connect or just via Bluetooth on your phone. If the latter, you need to do the former.

reluctantjumper

My 810 hasn’t connected properly through eh Connect App for about a year! Connects to the phone fine, even shows up in the App as connected but just point-blank refuses to upload rides. Will do updates via the App though so something is wrong somewhere. I just upload to Strava via the PC now and charge it at the same time.

bluebird
    Free Member

buy a wahoo

Or an Edge 830, they’re brilliant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 not connecting, but paired via Bluetooth?’ is closed to new replies.