Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 800 problem
  • martinhall
    Free Member

Got myself an edge 800. It keeps auto pausing for no reason. Full map appears on download but with short mileage and time. Any ideas?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Presuming you want the auto pause function on are you using a speed and cadence sensor.? If so are the magnets and sensors set up perfectly.? Mine does this when my wheel magnet has taken a knock.

hugor
    Free Member

I hate the autopause function.
    Switch it off to stop the thing beeping at you incessantly when it loses satellite signal.

martinhall
    Free Member

I am using a cadence sensor and i do want auto pause on. It will stop and start of its own accord sometimes for 2 seconds then it will be ok for 15 mins or so, then stop again for as long as 20 mins.I’ll check the magnets in the morning. Thanks

hugor
    Free Member

I use a speed/cadence sensor too but I don’t think the autopause function relies on that to determine that your not moving.
    Whenever you get in forests the autopause goes crazy and I always presumed that this was because it loses satellite signal intermittently.
    You will notice your distances with the autopause on are much less than with it off.

DanW
    Free Member

It seems that if the speed/ cadence sensor is detected by the unit then it only detects movement when the wheel spins rather than when the gps actually detects you move. If you carry you bike for example and the wheel doesn’t spin then no movement is recorded. Therefore it seems most likely that the magnet on the wheel is not meeting the speed/ cadence sensor properly. Pressing the little white button on the sensor and then spinning the wheel should cause the white button to light up with each wheel spin for a few seconds. If this doesn’t happen then they are not properly aligned.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 problem’ is closed to new replies.