Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Gahhh! You bloody lot….!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Or is it my fault for doing all those fork guides in the first place?

RS have updated their forks and they’re a bit different inside now. I keep getting requests for help (Which is fine, I don’t mind!!) but I can’t because my guides are out of date.

Bugger.

I’m gonna have to strip my 2011 Revs to take pics of the insides and write another guide, aren’t I?

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it’s off to the garage I go…….

😉

Lummox

Especially if they’re dual airs 🙂

Though I think they’re right now after a travel change went wrong.

flyingmonkeycorps

Ooh, do you have one kicking around for servicing coil U-Turn Pikes? They’re old right? 😉

retro83
    Free Member

anything major changed then? I know the top out spring has moved to the other leg on Sektors, not heard about anything else.

About to do some 2011 Rev RLs.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The bloody spacers for travel adjustment have moved!!!! The MC unit is a bit different inside too…..

Ooh, do you have one kicking around for servicing coil U-Turn Pikes? They’re old right?

What do you want to know? But probably, yes 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Basically how to change the oil. But a quick google tells me I should stop being so lazy and search for things myself 😉

sobriety
    Free Member

Do you have guides for doing marz 66’s from a few years ago, I’ve just picked up a pair and having a guide with stuff like oil weights and volumes in it is always nice.

flyingmonkeycorps

You sir, are a GENTLEMAN and I thank you.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry. No mazocchi stuff. Only ever had one set apart and they were a bloody nightmare!!!

Pyro

PP – any thing on service/overhaul/U-Turn refit for a set of Psylo XC’s? Old, I know, but if I can sort the seals and try and sort the U-Turn to stay at 100mm, they’ll be great!

legspin
    Free Member

I need to take the lowers of my Reba’s what oil and grease do people use?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it’s off to the garage I go…….

You’re not Happy are you…..Dopey? 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

ffs peter sort it out, you mean the bloody stuff is on the market and you are sat on your arse while we need a guide.

who gave him the bloody job?

andyl
    Free Member

legspin: I was going to try and be clever and save a few £ by not buying MTB specific stuff but in the end I just supported my LBS here in the mendips and bought some Stendec oil and grease. My old 2008 revs certainly feel a LOT nicer for the service.

Peter: didn’t know you had guides on google, I just had to sit there with the SRAM videos but I like yours. 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I need to take the lowers of my Reba’s what oil and grease do people use?

I don’t use grease at all. I use Fox Float fluid or similar. Having had a new pair of forks apart to change the travel, and replaced the grease with FFf, I reckon it makes them a tad smoother in operation.

LOL@ Nonk…. Sorry mate, I can only strip forks that I own, or if someone is daft kind enough to let me practice on theirs!

ads678

PP, I’ve got a set of Tora 302 solo air that i want to service. Have you got a guide for these or something that uses the same process?

Ta.

LoCo
    Free Member

Tech help can be found in the service section on the Rockshox website:

http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7

Tech manual for Toras:

http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/2011-tora-technical-manual.pdf

😀

nonk
    Free Member

loco while your on can you fit kashima stanchions to f100 forks? my normal ones are on the way out on the left hand leg.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Nonk,

depends on the year as the threads on the top caps changed at some point, they legs physically will fit and the bushes are the same, just the top caps IDs.

I’m away in france at the moment so don’t have my reference book to tell you which year it was definatly, think it was 09 😀

nonk
    Free Member

no bother i will give you a call when you are back in the workshop.

clanton
    Free Member

The travel adjust on my Revelations Uturns has sezied/stopped turning. Something I could tackle or is it TF Tuned/LBS time?

LoCo
    Free Member

Try removing the travel adjust cap/knob and clean and regrease the balls and springs, if this doesn’t work rebuild is probably needed which is doable if you a reasonably confident mechanic. Or send it in for a full service/repair 😀

penguinni

I have 2011 RLT Ti Revs with a PopLoc which means I cant adjust compression, only lock the forks out with it and adjust the floodgate as required.

Can I adjust compression or does the Black Box do it all for me?

If I have the fork unlocked, will adjusting the floodgate knob make any difference?

Great forks but when I read about all the infinite adjustability Im baffled!

bullheart
    Free Member

_tom_
    Free Member

PP do you have a nice easy to follow guide for strip down/service (inc bushing replacement) a set of Pike 454 dual airs, I think they’re a 2005 model? I may also need to replace the whole motion control/lockout bit as last time I took them into my lbs for a service they said the lockout mechanism was nackered and would need replacing to stop it slowly leaking oil. Thanks in advance 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member
    RustyMac

Scuse me Sir, Mr PeterPoddy Sir did you manage to get the fork guide finnished?

I’d be most gratefull for a copy Sir as i’ve been riding my Reveation RLT’s since spring and they could probably do with a service to keep them tip top throught the winter.

Ta muchly 😀

RustyMac

Bumpety Bump,

With your boasts of

I’ve got a garage and a toolkit that would make some people here weep with joy

I got thinking about this tread. Any update on this Mr PP any at all 😉 ?

Thank you kindly mr god of all things Rock Shox suspension related 😀

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Gahhh! You bloody lot….!’ is closed to new replies.