Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Full Face Helmet
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I am looking at getting a new full face after I have gotten back into downhill.
    I have ben looking a various ones and the one i see atm is a carbon THE one for the grand price off:

£131

Linky:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=42872

I am a medium for helmet size, what other amazing deals are out there for below the £140 mark?

I would love a old un used troy lee, a bit of bling :O.

5AM
    Free Member

Well the medium is £144 for starters, but still seems good value.

I have a carbon Giro Remedy that can be had for about the same money which is great.
    I also have a Fox Rampage but would definitely not advise if you have chubby cheeks. Great value helmet for both protection and looks.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I do have chubby cheeks 🙁

I am prepared to stretch up to £150 for an amazing deal though!

Highland28
    Free Member

Bought a new THE one composite helmet on Saturday. Got one of the bone coloured ones as it isn’t quite so loud as the others which I prefer. Picked up a carbon and a composite one to see the differences in weight etc and tbh there wasn’t all that much in it, so I was happy with what I got.
    It fits my head nicely too, and is very nice and comfortable. I like the idea of being able to change the size and padding very easily by just removing the inner and inserting a new one.
    Means in reality anyone in the family could use it, I would rather they didn’t though, at makes for selling it on easy as well.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Get the one that fits best.

Also do a little bit of research into what one passes what sort of safety standard. THE are pretty poor in that regard.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I wont get a helmet unless i’m happy with its safety standards!

my last ff, a diamond back took a very bad crash face on and survived so i’m using that as a bench mark.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have a look at the Bell Drop I have one and while it is a bit loud I think its really comfortable and it also passes these new European safety tests. Plus if its good enough for Sik Mick and CG then its good enough for me.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The only issue with the Remedy is, the silly shape of them.

They really do have the goldfish bowl look.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got to try them on IMO, helmets that are the same size on paper can feel so different on your head.

mark_b
    Free Member

I’ve got a standard Remedy – for the price i paid it’s an exceptionally good lid. Fit is the same as all the other Giro helmets i’ve ever had.

Not sure if that’s much of an endorsement – it’s great for what i use it for – but i’ve not tried any other full face helmet to make a comparison against (apart from a Giro Hammerhead and the Remedy is a whole different league in terms of protection – made me realise just how rubbish the Hammerhead was).

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

do believe i have settled on the carbon THE helmet

Northwind

I_Ache – Member

Have a look at the Bell Drop I have one and while it is a bit loud I think its really comfortable and it also passes these new European safety tests.

What new tests? I’d not heard of a CE change for bike helmets.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

They have upped the requirements and inserted new features to the test imho

Northwind

Can’t find any sign of this anywhere… It’s quite a big deal to change an EN, were you thinking of the ASTM F1952-10 downhill helmet standard? It’s not new

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Full Face Helmet’ is closed to new replies.