• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fuji X-E1 – perfect mirrorless camera?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Looking good on the previews:

the sensor looks spot on as does the prime lenses and the zoom looks like its going to be a cracker too.

EVF same as the nex 6/7

Not sure I can see any downs really esp. As it has a Velva setting!

dobo
    Free Member

got any links to this camera? i imagine it will be out of my price range but you never know.

velva setting?

big_scot_nanny

It does look good. I was hoping for a vulva setting also… oh, you mean velvia? 😉 (sorry, couldn’t resist)

Must admit, the whole mirrorless camera thing is really a fabulous development.

I just got shot of the last of my DSLR stuff and am loving the NEX 7, esp with legacy nikkors. The 180AIS 2.8 is staggeringly good and focus peaking a triumph for technology.

They all seem really good, and I admit the Fuji looks an absolute ripper.

Kev

dobo
    Free Member

had a google and does look interesting but too expensive, cant justify buying one to replace my oly epm1, its great and is pocketable on the bike with a 20mm lens and a fraction of the cost for a mirrorless camera

stuartie_c
    Free Member

… focus peaking a triumph for technology.

+1

Rik
    Free Member

Damn iPhone and fat fingers! Yes velvia….sweet.

Velvia – is the best slide film ever produced.

Fuji ticks all the right boxes for me I think.

The Sony nex camera looks great but the lenses available seem to let it down unless you buy the 1 and only zeiss lens.

howarthp

I have the XE-1. A great camera but there are issues processing the RAW files (but the JPEGs are great)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Rik, buy yer wife an XS soul instead….

Rik
    Free Member

She doesn’t even want one any more……i would if she did.

Just sold my dSLR and a whole bunch of lenses so looking for a smaller replacement

Rik
    Free Member

Howarthp – what other cameras have you had to compare it too?

howarthp

@Rik – I have an M9 and a D800. I bought the XE-1 as it is so light, the lenses are fantastic quality and it has good low light performance

Rik
    Free Member

Awesome news howarthp :0) just the news I was after.

Looking at the x-e1 with kit zoom and a 35mm f1.4 to start with. Looking forward to the zeiss 12mm f2.8 next year too.

howarthp

I don’t have the kit lens but do have the current 3 primes – all very good

Rik
    Free Member

Happy days

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fuji X-E1 – perfect mirrorless camera?’ is closed to new replies.