Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Frozen
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Not enjoying this movie, despite what people said. My wife didn’t realise that it is just Disney and not Pixar before buying it.

johndoh
    Free Member

marcus7
    Free Member

It is a kids film you know…. My kids love it!!! 🙂

takisawa2

My two liked it.

The Madagascar films, they’re excellent, especially the latest one.

GrahamS

I thought it was pretty good. High quality singalong and (ever so slightly) unconventional plot for a Disney Princess story.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5IH57SorQ[/video]

Vern0n
    Free Member

Did you enjoy it now it’s finished?? Little miss Vern0n loved it (she’s 4 1/2).
    I thought it was great too (age 40 1/2), plot rolls along nicely and just good fun

flip
    Free Member

I loved it, most the films i see are animations, 12 yr old son see.

Except gravity which i thought was overated 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Watched it through, still didn’t like it. I have most of the blockbuster post pixar animated films, love most of them, but not this. Brave it ain’t.

GrahamS

Any particular beef with it mol? Or just not to your taste?

FWIW daughter #1 is a massive Disney Princess and Brave fan and she liked it. I reckoned it was up there with Brave and Tangled.

(Incidentally have you considered that Tangled, Frozen and Little Mermaid are all linked? The clues are all there!)

londonerinoz
    Free Member

It seemed much closer to a musical than most to me. I suspect it’s been influenced by Wicked. That’s not normally something I’m keen on, but I thought the movie was really good.

That said, my daughter puts me through loads worse, such that even recent Barbie movies seem pretty good!

I thought Disney bought Pixar, plus Linklater (sp?) always appears to be involved.

wallop

Too much singing for me.

toys19
    Free Member

My daughters, 4 and 6, love this, they can sing all the songs. They like anything where the girl is the Hero.
    I have seen it about 8 times now, will happily watch again. and Tangled, love that too.

PS Idina Menzel can wail, blimey!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEKLFS-aKcw[/video]

monkeyboyjc

Daughter and I watched it in the cinema – both of us thought it was ‘ok’ but not great – cant believe that its now the highest grossing animated film, beating toy story 3! I think that had more to do with release date than quality.

Drac

I thought it was bloody painful and normally don’t mind a Disney movie, could be there was far too much singing as mentioned above. My girls love it though and it’s meant for kids.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not bad, but not a patch on despicable me, or even gnomeo and Juliet!.

molgrips
    Free Member

Any particular beef with it mol?

Poor story development – just seemed like a load of events jammed together
    Implausible set-up – why would a loving family just lock their daughter in a room for 10 years with not so much as an explanation?
    Songs that really jarred – kicking off in the middle of a sentence in some dialog
    Poor story in general – sister with ice powers gets upset, then gets cheered up.. umm.. ok..?
    Poor characterisation – characters were only there to say lines.
    It’s not really ABOUT anything particualrly is it?

GrahamS

My daughters, 4 and 6, love this, they can sing all the songs. They like anything where the girl is the Hero.

Definitely try them on “Brave” then. Very underrated film.

molgrips
    Free Member

Brave is awesome. They put a great deal of care into making that – they went to Scotland and studied the forests and mountains so they could get the scenery just right. It’s even got real Scottish actors in it. The best ones being the three local clan chieftans and their suitors 😀

crispy
    Free Member

No, sir. I didn’t like Frozen. My daughter blimmin loved it, though, which means that it will be a fixture in our house for the next month or so..

Brave and Tangled much, much better.

ads678

Mol, that is exactly what I thought. That bloody snowman really got on my tits as well!

Cracking voices though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tangled also very enjoyable – even the songs, which were much better set pieces.

The snow queen’s voice (Elsa?) in Frozen was a but much for me – she seemed to be screaming out every word. Other lass was good tho.

CountZero

Poor story development – just seemed like a load of events jammed together

It is a variation on a classic fairy tale, not Citizen Kane or The Color Purple!

molgrips
    Free Member

So you think classic fairy tales are crap stories?

In any case, it’s only very very loosely based on The Snow Queen in sofar as there’s a woman with snowy powers in it.

toys19
    Free Member

Definitely try them on “Brave” then. Very underrated film.

been there got the bows n arrows.
    They are well into all the Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki stuff as almost all of them are about girls with fierce independance.
    Current fave is Wolf Children (even though its not Studio Ghibli or Miyazaki).

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Frozen’ is closed to new replies.