Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 676 – The Pretty Formulaic Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

Do the clocks change this weekend? It feels like they do round about now. Hang on a sec…

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 676 – The Pretty Formulaic Edition

PolisherMan

I love that a £900-ish bike is followed by a £900-ish fork!

hightensionline

The clocks changing every year are another reason to dislike golf; all so golfers could have an extra hour over a century ago.

The only formula song title I could think of

Radiohead – 2 + 2 = 5
    Pavement – 5 – 4 = Unity
    Add N to (X) – Barry 7’s Contraption

…but Wire is perfect.

rootes1

Not sure a vertical centre zip is the ideal place for any offroad back pack in mucky weather..

tomhoward

Slipknot. People = Shit

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I hope FCS has been improved since the days of the R1, R0 & T1. It was a great way of ruining am awesome brake

alan1977
    Free Member

fancy those bib trousers….

darlobiker

E=MC2 by Big Audio Dynamite.

You’re right to be concerned about those Rekon tyres. I find they are good in such a narrow range of conditions – not too wet or too dry – that they shouldn’t be specced on complete bike. My bike came with them and it basically adds £100+ to the price if you want to ride for more than 2 weeks a year.

oldfart

I look forward to Hannah’s review of those bibs 👍 If it’s positive I’ll get some at a more sensible price at the end of this Winter ready for next 🙄 Big fan of the Madison DTE range, one of their advantages apart from being decent kit was they undercut the competition now it looks like they’ve looked around and thought hey we can charge a fair bit more 😞

Lets hope they haven’t followed Endura and switched to planet friendly manufacturing which results in waterproof kit not being up to the job 😞

Oh and I thought the same as Polisherman re bike being the same price as the fork 🙄

footflaps

Those bibs look pretty decent value as salopettes go…

prettygreenparrot

Liking the XO but seeing you could get a bike, some waterproof bib trousers/‘salopettes’ (🤣 @footflaps), gloves, and a bag for less makes me wonder…

prettygreenparrot

‘Netscape’! That was a revelation. Mosaic with Yahoo FTW.

Though Ask Jeeves was my favorite pre-Google engine.

zerocool

I have the previous generation Calibre Line 29. Apart from a few spec choices (short dropper, Samox cranks and average brakes) it rides really well and was only £850 3 years ago. The geometry is pretty much the same as this one and it rides really well. I only bought it as a cheap stopgap while the kids were babies and I wasn’t going to get out much, but it gets ridden pretty hard nowadays.

sharkattack

Does the price of the fork include the spare spring and all the CTS bits in the nice little box?

Edit: I’ve just checked and for 700 quid that shock doesn’t even come with the spring. I’m out.

Northwind

dangeourbrain

I hope FCS has been improved since the days of the R1, R0 & T1. It was a great way of ruining am awesome brake

It’s changed loads over the years from model to model, including at least one where everyone agreed it was really important but nobody could agree what it did. And a bunch where you could remove it and throw it in the bin. So who knows?

Quite brave doing a 2-pot though, I reckon a lot of people will just ignore it because of that. I’d rather have a good 2-pot personally, they do the job fine and there’s less things to go wrong but 4-pots are 2 louder

tthew

4-pots are 2 louder

*Waits impatiently for 11 pots.

thepurist

Ahem – as featured by your good self in FGF 668, Let X=X by Laurie Anderson

tourismo

Good beer!

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

Proof reader required

bikesandboots

The fork coming with a set of machined anodised interchangeable valves, speaks to me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

everyone agreed it was really important but nobody could agree what it did

My colleagues work with a bloke like that

Northwind

“and no one’s really clear about Tommy’s job description
    But it’s pretty clear he’s vital to the whole damn operation”

bikesandboots

The fork coming with a set of machined anodised interchangeable valves, speaks to me.

I love this… I mean, I’ve messed with a lot of forks, done shims and custom machining and such (amateurishly) but the idea of just delicately extracting the shiny brain of the thing and swapping in another one… Ahhh.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.