Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 628: Rear Guard Action Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

This is the yintro… it’s a bit like the yangtro except the complete opposite. Which brings us in no relevant way whatsoever to this week’s Eff Gee Eff!

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 628: Rear Guard Action Edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

5lab

that chainring looks way to much of a hack to cost £100

aide

Only time I’ve been happy enough to say the obligatory…..

HOW MUCH!?!?!? 

Can’t wait for the mega sack comp to start again (might even win something this year 🤞)

tthew

Anyone else think that the thru-stem/headset cables routing will go the same way as press fit bottom brackets and Smallpox?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

will go the same way as press fit bottom brackets

They’re still here you know, and actually a better idea on a carbon frame, at least when done right, than threaded.

and Smallpox?

Oh you mean they’ll randomly kill someone in Birmingham years after we’ve all forgotten they exist?

Shred
    Free Member

I still think my mudhugger design of having a piece of inner tube zip tied to the end of the guard, down to the BB area for extra BB/suspension protection is better than that extra piece of plastic.

sargey2003

I use and like Rimpact, but “Energy Sensitive Layer” sounds like marketing speak BS to me.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I use and like Rimpact, but “Energy Sensitive Layer” sounds like marketing speak BS to me.

Maybe people often think it’s constructed of Neutrinos or something else that isn’t very energy sensitive (??)

Rubber_Buccaneer

thru-stem/headset cables routing

I’ve not owned one yet and wouldn’t want one of those stems that looks like Zoidberg but I may actually embrace headset routing. It mildly annoys me that so many frames don’t consider left hand rear brakes and just maybe the headset route will be more flexible in that regard

julians
    Free Member

get burton step ons if you want hassle free step in style snowboard bindings, they’re awesome

roger_mellie

I was going to comment on the expense of a bar of soap and a brush, but then £85 for some foam somewhat eclipsed that.

A few gentle tugs

You’ll go blind you know 😉

Mark

Decided against the Burton Step-Ons as it would be twice the price with the need for new boots. Plus I really like my current boots and want to keep them.

LAT

It mildly annoys me that so many frames don’t consider left hand rear brakes and just maybe the headset route will be more flexible in that regard

an understandable annoyance, but reading, “ It may also help de-stiffen the action of things like changing gear and operating the dropper post, that can be significantly less easy-moving compared to normal routing,” it seems that this type of routing doesn’t consider the gear or dropper routing.

A few gentle tugs

You’ll go blind you know 😉

don’t worry, blinding yourself requires a fat more vigorous technique.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Glengoyne 12. One is enough, two is too many and three is not enough.

ped

Wow. The full length intro to that dog powered scooter is really quite special!

andyspaceman

Didn’t used to think I liked Whisky until I tried Glengoyne 12 on a trip to ride Mabie and Dalbeattie many, many moons ago. Super stuff.

Liking the look of the new mudhugger. Just the ticket for Hertfordshire clag.

robido

Headset grease. bike soap. Must be April the 1st

bearGrease

Are any of those Cyclus gear hanger tools in stock anywhere?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.