Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Frankenbike – Lightweight Cotic BFe build
  • njee20
    Free Member

An XX groupset or an SLX, I know which I’d rather have…

At 25.5lbs it clearly wasn’t top spec anyway, I reckon 23lbs is about right for that. Still nearly 3lbs heavier than my FS anyway 🙂

bol

We managed to successfully mate it with my Soda this evening and we’re expecting an XS Soul in the autumn.

Wookster

Looks great mate bet it’s a blast!!

brakes
    Free Member

looks good, how does it ride?

bobalong
    Free Member

It is a fantastic ride!

I can’t believe how much fun it was to ride, the additional weight over my ti frame was not noticable.

I’ve decided that a Soda will be my next frame.

Anyone for a brand new Cove Hummer?

RagTi
    Free Member

An XX groupset or an SLX, I know which I’d rather have…

At 25.5lbs it clearly wasn’t top spec anyway, I reckon 23lbs is about right for that. Still nearly 3lbs heavier than my FS anyway

Regulated perfect weight for a hard hitting Ti
    Mavic 819 USTs, XTR (mechs, cassette, chain, gears, cables), Formulas, Atlas Double, Nuke proof finishing kit, V12s, Fizic, like I said…top end gear, but since when when does top end gear mean it is the lightest. I could easily have got it 22-23 Lb with lightweight XC gear…but it aint that type of bike.

Love the Pic Bol, couple of bonny bikes there…BUT GET THAT BFE TO “MAN UP!!!”, 😆 then destroy that soda on the vertical rock gardens.

Kev

bol

Sadly we’re a bit short on the ole vertical rock gardens round our way, or I think I’d probably ride something else.

njee20
    Free Member

Regulated perfect weight for a hard hitting Ti
    Mavic 819 USTs, XTR (mechs, cassette, chain, gears, cables), Formulas, Atlas Double, Nuke proof finishing kit, V12s, Fizic, like I said…top end gear, but since when when does top end gear mean it is the lightest. I could easily have got it 22-23 Lb with lightweight XC gear…but it aint that type of bike.

There’s clearly a couple of pounds extra in that build over the OPs, I don’t see why it’s hard to believe the weight of that.

cy

Loving the lightweight BFe build. Bikes are fun like that, just do your thing. And if it’s helped sell a Soda, so much the better 😉

I can’t see how 23lbs ish is out of the way at all for that. Frame’s only 5.5lbs, so similar to most lightweight FS frames, and XX with those light wheels will keep the weight off. There’s a guy who bought one of the first new Sodas who XX and racey kit on it and got it down to under 20lbs. Kate’s Soda is on it’s way to 18lbs this season! 😯

GaryLake
    Free Member

I don’t see how it’s ruined a BFe… it’s only a 5.5lb frame and the geo is the same as the Soul, if he’d built that on a Soul no one would complain. And I doubt the weight saving of the Soul would be that noticeable…

Much nicer build than some of the other “good” BFes being posted 😛

jamesb
    Free Member

Good to see this build; as very happy with my 30lbish BFe with 521 wheels 2.35 tyres reckon can get 2-3 lb off by swopping to 717s and 500gm 2.1 tyres and still enjoy its riding qualities as a trail / XC bike —may even make my VNic Ti redundant ?? 🙁

Wozza
    Free Member

With the exception of the seatpost being silly high, that’s a very nice bike.

bobalong
    Free Member

Hi everyone, thanks for all your posts.

I’m glad the majority agree about it looking ‘right’, Even if it’s a little light in areas for the typical use of a BFe, it’s still a great fun ride.

Cy, it’s not sold a soda just yet, but a good deal might swing it! 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks very nice and BFes handle just great with forks at 120mm certainly not steep angled at all, in fact I’d say slightly slack. Mine was spot on for x/c and the commute and only wound out to 140-150ish for d/h. May have only kept it for a very short time but it was a lovely little bike – just wish it had been a tad shorter.

bobalong
    Free Member

Fankenbike goes to Wales! Llandegla was stunnig today and the BFe road like a dream.

bol

Did you polish your car especially for the picture?

bobalong
    Free Member

No, but I did crop the photo to leave out the big dent!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Frankenbike – Lightweight Cotic BFe build’ is closed to new replies.