Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox worn anodising/Stanchions question.
  • Trouty65
    Free Member

The anodising on the lower left leg of my 2008 Fox Float 32 rl's has worn away back to the aluminium of the stanchion.

I know this is due to poor maintenance and to have the stanchions and bushes replaced im looking at around £250:00.

The question i would like to ask is that seeing as i cannot have the work done yet untill next month.
    I have a new wiper/seal set ready to go albiet all too late, but would changing the oil now and replacing the seals make any significant difference to the performance of the Forks before i send them off for a proper rebuild ?

thanks

Paul

mrmo
    Free Member

i have a set of trashed rebas, similar state. after an oil change they do feel better. I guess it depends on how bad, but i would have thought it would help a little.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Just to say I have a pair of marzocchi mx comp from 2005 and have had no probs. 120mm travel eta and have been through a lot and going strong. no maintance. can go for ages without anything going wrong. On 2nd pair since 1997

dasnut
    Free Member

yes, but marzocchi mx comps are crap forks, so whats your point exactly, and what has it to do with someone asking advice on fox forks?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

when are they. i have had them for 12 years. had fox and rockshox. both crap

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi, if you are going to send them away next month, assuming they do still work at the moment, keep the new wiper/seal set, and fit when they next need serviced.

My mate says the left leg wears, because of the disc brake pulling that stanchion every time you brake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox worn anodising/Stanchions question.’ is closed to new replies.