Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fox vs enduro seals
  • richen987
    Free Member

Last time I changed seals I blindly bought fox, but are the enduro ones any good, they are more expensive, but wondering if anyone had any experience of using them.
    Are there any advantages over either, the enduro has another washer in them but apart from that they seem pretty similar.

Also any good dealas on either of the kits anywhere, cheapest I can find is £24 for fox and £25 for the enduro.

Cheers

carlphillips
    Free Member

wiper seals i got from enduro were quite hard compared to the soft pliable fox ones, leading me to think they would be sh!t at doing their job, a discussion with a leading fork fettler confirmed this as their opinion also….

khani
    Free Member

I fitted some about eight months ago on some f29’s and rode em through winter, I did a lowers service after about six months and they were spotless inside and the oil was like new,
    So far so good….

richen987
    Free Member

Carlphillips – did you use them then or did you get fox ones? If you did use them did they work?
    Khanis obviously did the job.
    Not fussed either way as they are the same price, just wondering if hey were actually any better.
    Cannot believe that a wiper seal costs so much.
    Still seems to be the same for every fork manafacturer.
    Cheers

carlphillips
    Free Member

I did use them yes, but had a conversation with someone who works servicing forks whilst doing a service on mine (i was servicing them, not a biased 3rd party looking for a sale) and he personally hated them as they were so hard, I’m guessing but the harder the seal then more potential for damage if dirt/stone/grit etc got between the stanchion and seal.

FWIW the 3-4 months i had mine in I didn’t get any problems, but soon changed to manufacturers originals after that conversation.

richen987
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, guess will stick with fox and save a pound as well. Cheers

retro83
    Free Member

carlphillips – Member

wiper seals i got from enduro were quite hard compared to the soft pliable fox ones, leading me to think they would be sh!t at doing their job, a discussion with a leading fork fettler confirmed this as their opinion also….

yes because fox have such a great reputation for fork seals 😆

i’ve got enduros on my revelations, rate them better than the OE rockshox ones as they actually have a proper oil seal, not just a wiper so the oil stays clean & inside the fork …

the downside – marginally more friction – for me it’s worth it to keep the internals in good shape

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

enduro better than the original (ropey) Fox, but the newest SKF-developed Fox seals are supposed to be better than Enduro.

wiper seals i got from enduro were made to tighter tolerances and a closer fit than the soft pliable fox ones, leading me to think they would be much better at doing their job

FIFY

Enduro usually recommended on MTBR as a way of extending the life of worn-anodized Fox forks, as the tighter fit keeps the oil in and the cr@p out longer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fox vs enduro seals’ is closed to new replies.