Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Formula RX Stock Organic Pads warbling??
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone else found this with the stock pads? organic i assume, but the rear one has just started to warble/chicken type gobble 😆 when braking? seems really odd as they have been really good until this (a month or so use)

the front one has been absoultly fine, the rear started, cant think ive got any oil etc on the disk/pads…

MikeT
    Free Member

They could be glazed, give them a sanding and bed them in again.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

tried that, and tried ipa on discs and pads?

MikeT
    Free Member

Might be a warped disc then.

slowrider
    Free Member

Mine did that for a few rides then stopped. Weird.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mine does go after longer periods of braking, but then comes back after it cooled down? doesnt really appear to stop the power that i can tell, but it doesnt sound right at all!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone else got anything similar to report? sure i had read alot of complaints about the stock pads, but i cant seem to find a single report of this now 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

have you just ridden them in wet for first time?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm no not recently, though i could have easily done so a few weeks back, ive had it for about 3 weeks now, i guess it could have happened after rain, cant pin point it to that though?

how come you ask out of interest?

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine used to make a bit of a racket in the wet, but were quiet in the dry, that’s all.

Never solved the problem as I sold them, so not much use – sorry.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh right, i must add also they dont squeal or squeak in the slighest, they are silent even in the wet (its defintely rained since i had them) and ive never had an ounce of noise

just literally this turkey gobble type noise…very strange too

mrplow
    Free Member

Check your rotor and see if they are biting too far in on the disc and catching the inner supports of the disc? Mine did this so I put a little washer in to space the caliper and contact point slightly further out on the radius of the disc and got rid of odd warbbling noises.

Sanding pads works really well on glazed formula organic pads without using any fluids etc.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im running hope floating rotors, and to be honest i dont think its that, as they were fine certainly for about 3-4 weeks when i had them, no warble…

its over the last 2-3 weeks, it may be contamination or something stupid, but im sure id read about people saying similar on stock organic formula pads, though i could be totally wrong….

ill give the rotor and pads a deglazing and go from there again…ive got some SS sintered to put in at worst to test it out too!

bigjim

My avid juicy rear gobbled terribly but the oro I use now doesn’t.

bigsi
    Free Member

Had my 1st ride out on my new Mega’s on Saturday and i noticed a bit of a warble coming from the brakes.

TBH i found it quite amusing especially as a pheasant was running about in front of me about 10 yards down the track. 😆

I was running the stock sintered pads with old Avid cleansweep rotors. I’ll be changing the rotors over to the Formula ones this week & see what happens from there 😕

messiah
    Free Member

I sometimes get a warble on my stock RX’s but think it’s quite a cool noise. I usually get it after a period of intese use when the’ve been hot earlier in the ride but have cooled off a little. In the heat of the doonhall I’ve get better things to do than listen out for the noises my brakes are making 😉

A bit of squeek in the wet but it goes away much quicker than on other brakes (imho)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh finally someone else has it 😆

yeah it doesnt affect the brakes, nor does it squeal etc, just literally warbles every so often, it often clears up on descents and goes back to normal…then randomly comes back…places like cannock it seems to do it more so than the peaks, as at cannock etc you are quick and sharp on the brakes, where as peaks its often prolonged usage….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Formula RX Stock Organic Pads warbling??’ is closed to new replies.