• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Formula RX – lever lock-up
  • LittleNose
    Free Member

Wondering if anyone can explain the last bit of this – sorry for all the preamble, but figured there might be a clue there for someone a little more tech savvy than myself.

I had a strange occurrence the other evening – after lifting my bike over a feature, I climbed back on and noticed that the lever was ‘locked’ in the extended position (i.e. I couldn’t pull the lever in at all).

Further examination I saw that there was a little fluid under the connection with the hose, and when I jiggled it about a bit it all came loose.

The connection is the ‘speed lock master cylinder style valve’, and when I got the cable secured back in I noticed that the lever was moving again, but it was pulling almost all the way back to the handle bars. I figured I’d either got some air in the system, or lost too much fluid.

Tonight I bled the brakes, and nothing changed – my first thought was I’d botched it somehow, then I saw that the brake lever was ‘adjusted’ to be as close to the bars as possible.
    I’m not sure how that happened, but simply screwing the adjustment screw has put it all back where it should be.

Wondering if anyone can throw any light on how this might have happened so I can try to avoid it happening again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Formula RX – lever lock-up’ is closed to new replies.