Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Fork recommendations – Pikes/Marzocchi's
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

No they don’t, the 350’s use a considerably different cartridge.

Ah, apologies – I stand corrected.

chrishc777
    Free Member

350cr user here, bought them new off here.

They were very notchy at the start so I removed the lowers to find no oil or grease in there. Once I’d put grease on the seals and oil in the lowers they felt better, after being left upside down overnight they were pretty good, halfway round the first ride they felt superb.

The seals still need properly bedding in so they don’t sag when seated, leaving the front a bit high on steep climbs but once driving some weight through them they deal with everything perfectly, and I haven’t got them fettled to perfection yet either!

In de stickered stealth black with espresso stanchions they look pretty good too.

The stanchion wear issues and stiction could be caused by the lack of lube in some cases, so check them before use! That way you can get an o ring on the stanchion for sag while you’re at it

deviant
    Free Member

Just to throw a spanner in the works….i bought some X-Fusion Sweeps (160mm length, 34mm stanchions etc) based on reviews of reliability, long service intervals etc and love them, they require less pressure for my weight than the equivalent Fox or RS units and just this week i’ve ditched my Monarch shock and gone over to an X-Fusion O2 back end to match…perfectly plush yet doesnt bottom out with my 90kg on the bike, highly recommended.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Ive read somewhere that less pressure for your weight means more hysteresis.

Tge O2 shock has been getting pretty shite reviews as well, eg the new intense review on bikeradar.

deviant
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Ive read somewhere that less pressure for your weight means more hysteresis.

Tge O2 shock has been getting pretty shite reviews as well, eg the new intense review on bikeradar.

I think this has been touched on recently on other threads about how subjective suspension performance can be….i cant get on with Fox forks, seemingly having to run them rock hard at barely 20% sag to stop them blowing through travel and bottoming out on big hits (admittedly i havent tried the new 36 though)….Rockshox is always a good choice for me with the last set of Revs i had matching my coil spring Sektors on feel but with X-Fusion at the moment i’m loving the plushness without sacrificing the ability to take an unexpected decent hit or clumsy landing.

If i had the money i’d like to try some of the new Marzocchi and Manitou stuff too but it just gets silly swapping between stuff for the sake of it….find a fork (or shock) that works and cherish it!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah you are right, I think a lot of it is down to the fact that different manufacturers tunes suit different riders weights straight out of the box.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fork recommendations – Pikes/Marzocchi's’ is closed to new replies.