Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Forest Of Dean Today (Pics content)
  • sheldona
    Free Member

Anyone else out there today?? Great day for it trails in good condition 🙂
    ANyone ride past Clearwell Caves?? Hippy types everywhere, bloke paying an upside wok type thing all had big ears! There was a girl walking about talking to a glove puppet of a dragon! Freak central LOL

Clicky for more

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Uh huh – we was there on the DH runs, maybe even have a few pics later. 🙂

Agree about the trails – the top sections were absolutely perfect!

Didn't see no hippy types though…

sheldona
    Free Member

Hippy types where all over Clearwell area! Freaks!!!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I need to learn some of the routes in the FOD. Only 30 mins drive for me.

We always see loads when we are XC on the fire roads.

psling
    Free Member

ANyone ride past Clearwell Caves?? Hippy types everywhere, bloke paying an upside wok type thing all had big ears! There was a girl walking about talking to a glove puppet of a dragon!

Sounds like a normal Sunday afternoon to me, what's unusual about that then?

Trails were 'lush' according to Soph. Now, being of an older generation, lush could mean wet to me but apparantly this means they were in fact 'great' and not wet at all.

Think we may have seen you at PABA littlegirlbunny; pony tail, knee pads, etc.??

Don, liking the 'rider' picture, worthy of print I would say?

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks PSling 🙂
    Hope LGB wasn't part of the attitude filled teens too hardcore for anyone else, mincing around outside PABA cafe that I moaned at for spraying stones at me as I was sipping my char. What is it with some of the DHers there that seem to sit outside the cafe all day on their overtravelled bikes?? LOL

BluePalomino
    Free Member

ooh some great ride photos. really nice. what camera are they taken with? flickr is not stating the camera 😐

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks! I couldn't be bothered to take my big camerea today so I used my Canon Powershot 720is compact.

TooTall
    Free Member

I've ordered some knee pads after my first trip to the FoD today. Great – except the REALLY hard rocky bit just against my right knee.

Ouchy

*stiffens – but in a very bad way*

Lovely to met the lovely people there too. 8) Small world.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

where were your pictures taken OP?
    I really need to explore more in the forest. Only xc i've ridden there is the FODCA! and i'm sure there are more dh tracks. done the tracks on the same hill side as the main course and the ones on the opposite side of the valley but are there more elsewhere?

Dancake
    Free Member

I have only been doing this less than a year but I cant believe I havnt been to the forest yet (im In Glos)

Will get a first look at the Enduro at the end of the Month.

Nice Pics BTW…(My Springer says hello to Yours)

sheldona
    Free Member

db100, too hard to explain where they were taken as we rode about 22 miles. I couldn't even give you directions I'm afraid as there is no way on this planet you'd follow them! Best thing to do with the FOD is to find a local to show you around.
    FOD is my favorite riding location South of Scotland!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

*waves at tootall*

psling
    Think we may have seen you at PABA littlegirlbunny; pony tail, knee pads, etc.??

Possibly, although my hair is usually tied up. I was my usual overbiked self on a 222 with body armour.

Ayatollahofniche – Member

Hope LGB wasn't part of the attitude filled teens too hardcore for anyone else, mincing around outside PABA cafe that I moaned at for spraying stones at me as I was sipping my char. What is it with some of the DHers there that seem to sit outside the cafe all day on their overtravelled bikes?? LOL

Heh heh – i'm too old to be filled with attitude 😆

(although did spend half an hour in the morning sat outside of the cafe with my vastly overtravelled bike trying to wake myself up with a cup of coffee)

We've only been down to the FoD a few times and everytime I go I get more surprised how little known as a riding destination it is. Some really super stuff there for sure.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Shhhhhh

thekingofsweden

How on earth can you call people in the forest wearing strange clothes and riding strange bikes wierd 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Can we have a FoD forum ride please?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Pete and Sheldon – how about another winter weekend of riding and drinking (slaughtered lamb anyone?).

Can you still get good deals on that cottage Pete?

I reckon if we bullied him enough we'd even get salsaboy to come along

sheldona
    Free Member

I was thinking the other day about a STW Forum FOD ride. I'm happy to do something one day, maybe split groups with myself and Psling??

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

how many people do you reckon we can fit round that huge wooden table in the back of the slaughtered lamb*?

*can't remember it's real name

sheldona
    Free Member

I think if memory serves me right about 20, BUT MrS doesn't live next door anymore 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i know, it's a shame. I'd definitely be up for something though, even if it's just to see if Mr Carter can upset the entirety of woman kind again by suggesting that they should never be allowed or even able to pilot a helicopter. 😯

singlespeedstu

maybe split groups with myself and Psling??

Book me down for Pete's group.

I wouldn't want to be seen out with the wokonatowelrailbike rider.

TheSwede
    Free Member

🙂 lol at stu. Petes group here too.

TheSwede
    Free Member

🙂 lol at stu. Petes group here too.

sheldona
    Free Member

LOL, attentionwhorereinforcedjonesownertotaketheweightofthewok can **** right off!

singlespeedstu

Think I might have touched on a sensative spot there. 😆

Tell you what I'll let you stoke for me soon to make up for it. 😉

Goz
    Free Member

Two slow groups then! 😆

sheldona
    Free Member

Slow is where its at!

Stoking for you, don't make me laugh! The frame couldn't cope with my power and your weight!

singlespeedstu

What you really mean by that is you'd destroy the stokers seat by buttock clenching it even harder than you did round the carpark by the Longminge.

Oh and your wok would catch on the back of the captains seat.

sheldona
    Free Member

Ayeaye Sailor boy!

salsaboy

I have many happy FOD memories Mike, but no recall of a conversation about female chopper pilots.

sheldona
    Free Member

I have many happy FOD memories Mike, but no recall of a conversation about female chopper pilots.

Must of been a top night in the pub then!

salsaboy

One of many.

psling
    Free Member

The Malt Shovel. Good memories. The table is still there.

We'll have to see what we can come up with, maybe early next year. I've got a couple of ideas… 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

sounds good pete, keep us in the loop

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

salsaboy, i believe you were SO offensive that Sascha and Rich had to check with Kirstie that you actually knew each other and you weren't just being randomly offensive to women 😆

there was a LOT of beer consumed mind, i think we broke K and possibly sillymanda, it's all a bit of a blur

jimster
    Free Member

I'd be up for a Forum FoD ride – I know bits of it, but could do with more knowledge.

BTW waht was that "freak with big ears" playing – saw a bloke in Stratford playing one last weekend, weird sound to say the least.

sheldona
    Free Member

We've something big planned for later on in the year, details to follow hopefully withint the next week or two!

sheldona
    Free Member

Jimster, it looked like an upturned wok with dents in, fantastic sound albeit played by a freak!

psling
    Free Member

We've something big planned for later on in the year, details to follow hopefully withint the next week or two!

Taps side of nose, winks, and smiles in a smug but knowing kind of way.

Will sort a FoD ride for early next year, looking at the possibility of new accommodation for weekenders; we'll never recreate the old weekends but we can certainly come up with something just as good 🙂 Will definitely keep you in the loop Mike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Forest Of Dean Today (Pics content)’ is closed to new replies.