Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Ford Puma owners- Bike into the boot
  • hora
    Free Member

Yes its a tricky opening however with the seats down, wheels off it should be ok?

maccruiskeen

😆 Musicsportbaby

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my mate does it

Oggles
    Free Member

Yes. 2 is another question though IIRC.

highclimber
    Free Member

I dunno about the Puma but I did see three guys and three bikes fit into a Golf the other week! no rack, no trailer nothing!

hora
    Free Member

Ta guys 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

three guys and three bikes fit into a Golf

?
    My record is 3 people and 3 bikes (and kit) into a Mk1 Corsa. It didn’t even have a split rear seat. Wish i’d taken a photo…

mtbfix

With wheels off you’ll get 2 bikes in. I ended up getting a rack bitd as 2 bikes did not permit much room for anything else.

hp_source

There was a guy lifting a bike out of the boot of one the other weekend at the Dales bike centre… Both wheels off, but didn’t look like he was struggling.

5lab

?
    My record is 3 people and 3 bikes (and kit) into a Mk1 Corsa. It didn’t even have a split rear seat. Wish i’d taken a photo…

you can get 5 bikes and 5 people into a mondeo (estate). it is somewhat of a squeeze though

z1ppy

m8 can get himself and an bike (& bike bag) into a Mazda (Razda) RX7, now that is an achievment!

Marge
    Free Member

You can definitely get a bike into the boot of a Puma (I was doing this before I bought a roof rack) but be damn careful when you shut the bootlid.

The handlebar (or bar end) is crying out to smash your glass. I am glad to say I never did that but it would be very easy to do.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have done SSMM and went down with one passenger, two bikes, tent, marquee and food for the whole weekend in mine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My Midget* stole the crown for least practical/coolest bike transport at the Trolls Tuesday night ride from an original VW Beetle!

Puma? Just a Fiesta innit? You’ll be fine.

*Roof off, passenger headrest out, window down 3″, blanket in, wheels off, seatpot out, bars rotated 180deg, faceing backwards over the seat, handlebar just pokes out of the window, rear triangle pointing into footwell, roof back on again, one wheel either side of frame 🙂 Limited to 100mm forks and short steerer tubes though.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve done 2 and 2 people in one no worries.

scottidog
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

**** me they are nippy aren’t they? 8)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They aren’t half bad – I hope you are driving the 1.7 though…

hora
    Free Member

I am. Full Ford history.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Goodho.

I really enjoyed mine and you can really rag the engine.

IIRC they do understeer badly when pushed hard into flat corners though 8)

hora
    Free Member

I aim to enjoy the revs. As a precaution I had the cambelt changed. I stalked/found the first owner and he rang me back- he couldn’t remember if it had been done so I thought ‘I aint the gambling type!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You’ll enjoy it I am sure – it was my second favourite car ever (after my present one). The only issue I ever had with it was the leather on the steering wheel disintegrating and leaving my hands covered in black flakes of crumbing leather.

Ohh, and one time, for no reason ever (and it never happened again) I got a footwell sodden with water after a downpour.

piemann
    Free Member

Hora,

Gareth could get 2 big blokes, 2 big bikes and a weekend’s worth of camping stuff (inc. 2 tents) in the back of his Puma….

woody2000

Do you have to take out the GHDs and the can of hairspray to get it in Mark?

😀

xcstu
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 bikes in my old puma no problem with the back seat down and wheels off 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

Just got rid of the Puma I had for 10 years from new, never had a problem with it – great car. Pretty messed up inside with being used as a muddy bike carrier too often and pretty messed up on the outside as someone decided to give it a good keying one time. Traded it in for a Roomster….

Pook

Does this mean you’re coming tomorrow?

binners

Hora, Remember; we’ve seen you lever your mutant Giant Haystcks/benny-hill-esque frame into a Smart car complete with a Heckler on the passenger seat.

You really have owned some seriously unsuitable hairdresser/estate agent cars, haven’t you?

CountZero

My Puma was my absolute favourite car, I loved it to bits and miss it very much, I just couldn’t afford to run it any more. I got a bike into the back easily, although you need to watch fork ends catching the paint on the edges of the hatch. Revvy little bu66er, make sure you use Magnatec oil and check the levels religiously, and the changes and filters as well. The bores are Nicasyl plasma coated, like Hyabusa engines, so bore wear is something to avoid at all costs.

birky
    Free Member

I had a 1.7 for 5 years. Great fun to drive. Sadly went via the scrappage scheme when the MOT bills were getting silly.
    2 people and 2 bikes were no problem.

udder
    Free Member

I had a Racing Puma once – the one with the flared arches. I wish I’d never sold it. The most fun car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve had quite an extensive fleet of cars including a Porsche Boxster, VW R32 and a couple of V8’s. It’s not the fastest in a straight line, but it was brilliant on the twisty UK roads.

Oh, and the bike went in the back too.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Ford Puma owners- Bike into the boot’ is closed to new replies.