Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • For the quirky camper brigade
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh bollocks…looking at the pics on the link has just re-awoken my desire for a teardrop mini caravan thing. 😐

As for the mini-concepts, I can see they’ll wind up a few STWers. 🙂

petrieboy

I wonder what the roof load rating of a mini is??

molgrips
    Free Member

Why not just get a tent for £200. Basically the same but it won’t roll about when you turn over 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

LoCo
    Free Member

😆 I wouldn’t fit in either of those. Also your bike/canoe will get nicked 😉

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

The top one is just his grans sideboard and a sleeping bag.

Dolcered

saw a rooftop tent in actual use last week, on top of a landrover mind you, so maybe a tiny bit more room.

ThePinkster

Dolcered – Member
    saw a rooftop tent in actual use last week, on top of a landrover mind you, so maybe a tiny bit more room.

There’s a guy about 5 doors down from me who’s got one of those on his Landy.

I keep looking enviously at it.

geoffj

The top pic looks inspired by the Top Gear – Search for the source of the Nile special. Except Hammonds conversion was better done.

Those teardrop caravans do look nice though.

retro83
    Free Member

Didn’t they do this as an April fools joke a while back..?

edit: yep…
    http://www.examiner.com/article/mini-reveals-april-s-fool-camping-rving-manufacturers

Northwind

Do like that roofbox/rooftent, quite clever. And not as high to climb in as the usual location (on the top of a Disco with a snorkel, bars, a million lights, big tyres, maybe a lift… yet mysteriously no mud, dirt or dents)

Dolcered

http://www.tentsontop.co.uk/
    the landrover ones are definitely real.

The landrover itself would have helped us on our adventure over hardknott pass last week, the civic wasn’t quite up to it unfortunately.

willard

I quite like the look of that pop-up thing in the second mini photo. I wonder if they actually do make one and whether it would fit/be supported on a batter 03 Passat. You’d certainly get more legroom than one built for a mini, but I suspect that you would need some seriously strong roof bars and it would be a bit rubbish in the standard British summer.

bearnecessities

What happens if someone robs your car in the middle of the night?

marcus
    Free Member

If you like the hard shell pop up roof tents have a google of maggiolina

yunki
    Free Member

I know it’s not a mini, but it is a milk float..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘For the quirky camper brigade’ is closed to new replies.