Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • for a 24hr solo enduro virgin, Mountain Mayhem or Bonty 24/12?
  • Kevsterjw
    Free Member

What are peoples opinions on which is better?, more technical?, more party atmosphere? and best for a first timer?

taa.

squiff
    Free Member

http://www.osmountainmayhem.co.uk/

Watch the video, it sums it up really. I have done it twice and really enjoyed it. But taking a break from MM this year to try out some other enduro’s.

billybob
    Free Member

I’ve done both in the team event – the course at mayhem is easy peasy, the one at plymouth is a bit more engaging.

Atmosphere wise mayhem is bigger with more trade tents/shops etc & the 24/12 is quite a bit smaller.. if I was going solo I’d probably do mayhem, because the 24hr racers seemed to be in the minority @ last years 24/12 & it was about midnight when all the 12ers stopped & the rain really set in…

Napalm
    Free Member

I think you’d have a better time at the UK Championships in Scotland in May. Great course, not too busy and a great atmosphere.
    I rode it last year as my first 24hour solo and had a ball, http://www.sip-events.co.uk/solo-home.html.

singletrackmind

CLIC24 if you want a pleasant relaxed ride as an intro to 24 hr solo riding . ( well thats what Im doing and the longest i have raced solo before was 6 hours)

donsimon
    Free Member

If evryone’s starting to make suggestions have a look at this, no cold, no rain (probaly), good atmosphere and a new circuit so can’t comment on that…

IainGillam
    Free Member

Did mayhem in a team of four and 24/12 pairs 12 hr last year and for me 24/12 was by far the best one. Mostly due to the course being so much more enjoyable to ride.

Iain

drain

Have solo-ed both (only 12hrs at 24/12 though), but much prefer the course and atmosphere at 24/12. Very fun. But I hear good things about CLIC 24 too.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Those who prefer the 24/12 course…is it because it’s more technical?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

I was all up for the championships but its a bit to far away from me. I am going to do mayhem thanks for the replies.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Newnham Park every time for me!!

sharki
    Free Member

24/12 for the sheer riding enjoyment. Atmosphere not bad really, but lacking trade stands if that’s your thing. Nice chilled vibe to it.

MM, Absolute buzzing atmosphere all through the weekend. Even better when there’s a fireworks fight 😉 The riding was much fun for the 3 years running i did(not last years)

MM and SITS have run their course at their respective venues. Time for change imho there’s much better out there wit No fuss events being the bench mark in how to run enduro’s.

IainGillam
    Free Member

pedalhead – Member
    Those who prefer the 24/12 course…is it because it’s more technical?

POSTED 12 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I guess it was more technical but I preferred it mainly because the MM course was just so dull. The freshly cut bit in the woods wasn’t the best and I think they should have timed the climb after the kenda climb instead as it was more challenging than the kenda climb. Can’t really remember the 24/12 course that well but my lasting memory of MM was doing the first lap and thinking this is going to be a long day. To me it felt like you went up for the majority or the time and not on interesting climbs and then wasted your elevation, there was one bit of singletrack I liked in the whole lap.

Iain

thomthumb
    Free Member

24:12 has a better atmosphere imo. MM is so big it seems impersonal if that makes sense.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘for a 24hr solo enduro virgin, Mountain Mayhem or Bonty 24/12?’ is closed to new replies.