Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,678 total)
  • Football – 2023/24 Season
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Saw the wonder kids Garnacho and Mainoo were rated 4/10 by Sky after the Newcastle game – lol.

chestrockwell

Great time to be a Town fan. Witnessing some truly excellent football under Kieran McKenna.

As a Leeds fan I’m looking forward to when the Prem teams start sacking their managers and come sniffing for yours!

chestrockwell

and it seems a mite unfair that TAA’s freekick is going down as an OG

Not really as it wasn’t going in before it hit the keeper.

theotherjonv

True enough.

Brings us back to Nick Pope for Sterling’s FK a week or so ago, and assertions that he should have dived / made a better effort

On this case it went straight in, but look at TAA yesterday (OG off the keeper) vs Trippier’s very similar one against Man Utd where Onana doesn’t try to save it and it bounces back out. Evidence seems to suggest diving for lost causes is a mug’s game, and likely to backfire more than it’ll ever pay off ;-)

gobuchul
    Free Member

Well it looks like the Pope v Dubravka argument is going to be settled in the next couple of months.

stcolin
    Free Member

The citeh spurs game was a great watch. I’m impressed with Spurs. Pains me to say it as an Arsenal fan. I think they will finish above us this season. They have a lot of players to come back. It’s going to be so close this season.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just seen the highlights of the Spurs game. That decision in the last minute and the reaction of the City players… wonderful. Seeing that massive norse man-baby throwing a strop warms the cockles of my heart.

gobuchul
    Free Member

The referee’s de3cision was woeful but Haaland’s reaction and subsequent tweet, were unacceptable. He should be charged by the FA.

I think that he missed 2 absolute sitters was the real reason they drew that game.

MoreCashThanDash

I think that he missed 2 absolute sitters was the real reason they drew that game.

Probably accounts for his reaction, as he knew it.

As a Leeds fan I’m looking forward to when the Prem teams start sacking their managers and come sniffing for yours!

Going to be a nervous few weeks when Premier League managers start getting sacked in the New Year. Especially if we have our usual New Year wobble and jumping ship looks a better option for him to manage in tne Premier League.

midlifecrashes

PSA, if you have Amazon Prime, live matches on tonight and tomorrow

binners

It should be like this all the time, where all the matches are available and you choose which you want to watch

It’s bonkers that you can’t!

MSP

Yep, new deal signed this week, and still only select matches available with the pointless Saturday 3pm blackout, despite all the evidence from other countries that matches on TV has no impact on match attendance.

Anyway, I applied for some tickets in the euro 2024 lottery today as it is coming to Germany, hope I don’t get them all otherwise I am on the hook for nearly 2 grands worth of tickets (worth may be a relative term). I only want to watch a couple of matches really, never watched any in an international tournament. I expect eufa will keep most of the tickets for the final reserved for dignitaries so they can be sold on the black market.

dander

David Raya doing a pretty good Andre Onana impression tonight 😀

theotherjonv

Mental in the women’s games.

If it stays as it is (5-0 vs Scotland and 2-0 NL win) the GB can go to the Olympics still.

England and NL have both just scored…… so now 6-0 and 3-0 but still that ENG +3 GD on the night.

NL still playing, and Scotland have been bashing the door down to potentially put themselves out as team GB

theotherjonv

and now 4-0 to NL

bigdaddy

Crazy drama – the Dutch got a 4th and no Olympics for us… You won 6-0 and its not enough… Was at Wembley on Friday and that was a crazy game too, the second half was brilliant – very disappointing they don’t qualify…

dander

Gah, harsh on Luton that. That’s a few late wins for Arsenal now, definitely going to be up there in the mix for the title.

kimbers

my brothers recovering from a brain bleed and a massive Luton fan, this really isn’t good for him

binners

David Raya doing a pretty good Andre Onana impression tonight 😀

Nice timing, just after Arteta says in his afternoon press conference that Ramsdale ‘is free to leave’ in January.

I doubt he’ll be short of offers

MoreCashThanDash

Having been working late I’ve judt opened this thread and gone to check the Arsenal score – bloody hell, what have they been feeding players this last week for bonkers scorelines!

binners

What’s going on with the Liverpool away kit?

hightensionline

milka-milk-chocolate-bar-100-g

I’m getting more hints of that.

Caher

So Shaw gets booked for tapping the ball away and Stirling’s blatant cheating is ignored. How bizarre.

imnotverygood

This Chelsea side  have the ability to make any team look like world beaters

binners

Chelsea really are bloody awful. It really takes something to make us look good. They seem to be intent on giving us the ball in their own half

@Caher
    – I also can’t comprehend how Sterling wasn’t booked for such an obvious dive

binners

Onana… hold my beer…

Normal service is resumed 🙄

Caher

That was a delectable goal from Palmer – turning into some player.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m guessing premiership rules now allow clubs to wear their 3rd kits at this point in the season and since its coming up to transfer window they are taking every opportunity to generate some sales.   We all know home kits are sacred, away kits the designers get some play time,  and 3rd kits are done by the colour blind intern hoping to get a place on a fashion degree but that milka kit makes the turd milkshake spurs have been trotting out for the last month look almost normal….. almost.

dazh

It’s bonkers that you can’t!

Speak for yourself. I can Watch any match I like 😉

neilnevill
    Free Member

Bournemouth are making some noise! Or maybe it’s the cold misty air carrying the crowd noise.  I’m a mile plus from Selhurst, over a hill,  and can normally just about hear the roar of a home goal.   I just fetched my daughter from cubs and walking back it sounded like the game was at the end of the street!

johndoh
    Free Member

WTF – a crazy night, I wasn’t expecting this!

martinhutch

City well off the pace, Aston Villa playing brilliantly at home.

dander

Can’t see how Villa aren’t contenders, playing like that. Arsenal at home at the weekend too.

dander

United only three points behind City. Even science can’t explain that.

MoreCashThanDash

Not seen any of the matches but another crazy night in the Premier League by the looks of it.

Torn about Forest – would love to see them doing better but god I’m sick of their fans at work harking back to long past glories. Get over yourselves – Ipswich were great in the same period but shit happens, you aren’t entitled to **** all.

johndoh
    Free Member

Man C not doing very well? I’m so emotional. Ahh well.

binners

United only three points behind City. Even science can’t explain that

Believe me, after watching the dross we’ve served up all season, I’m completely bemused by it

I may stick a fiver on Villa doing a Leicester though. I’ve just had a look and they’re 25/1. Got to be worth a punt

Caher

Man City go up a gear after Chrimbo.

neilnevill
    Free Member

And another come March 

BigJohn

I was in the Holte end at the Villa last night.
    As usual, absolutely nobody sat down, except for half time. It was exhilaratingly good. None of us expected the frantic pace to continue into the 2nd half but it was relentless. Grown men hugging strangers!
    What a game! What a game!
    I predict Villa will end the season in 6th.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,678 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.