Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Foo Fighters, Milton Keynes, last night
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Ok, if anyone is going today, i wont spoil the surprise guests for you, but it was a pretty special gig last night.

To be honest, i was so far from the stage they could have been in Belgium and i wouldn’t have been any the wiser.

Got to ask though, what is the point of paying 50 quid for a ticket and being so drunk you haven’t a clue whats going on. One girl in front of us got so drunk she went from falling over (comedy style, legs in the air) to give Milton Keynes a flash of her front bum, to two hours later picking up empty bottles that were discarded in the trees where everyone was going for a slash,
    to drink the dreggs from the bottom……..classy

monkfish
    Free Member

Agreed they put on a good show, could take or leave the guests TBH
    Should be plenty of hangovers and sunburnt bodies this morning
    Nice

Still don’t like Biffy

iolo
    Free Member

I have tickets for tonight but cannot go.
    Anyone want to buy them?
    I’m in west Berkshire but can deliver up to 30 mins.
    Face value £100

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

went yesterday. Sorry but Foo Fighters were boring (as expected but was hoping to be proved wrong). It was the Dave Grohl show. Tedious. full of towny flip flop wearing pissheads as well. FF had massive U2 style walkway so DG could run around whooping up the crowd.Quote of the day ” hey, I actually feel like one of you today…..instead of
    a massive f’kin rock star” (sppeeeeuuuugggggggggh)

Biffy Clyro shit all over anyone that played yesterday.

Love the fenced off mosh pit which now required either a wristband to get in or a 2 hour queue to get in the other bit. Good idea, mosh pit full of 14 year old girls “we love you dave” ( whilst death cab and biffy fel like they are playing at a wake.)

overall a good day.

(the special guests were shit)

dogbert
    Free Member

Now that i’ve had time to get over my tired feet, i think you might be on to something Margin Walker (is your forum name a nod to Fugazi by any chance) now i think back, i did seem to be surrounded by a hell of a lot of people that looked like the last concert they were at was Adele.

Hindsight review: i honestly think Biffy Clyro might have been the highlight, seemed to put a hell of a lot more effort into it. Foo’s were good but it did come across like Dave Grohl and a backing band. The puzzled looks around where i was standing spoke volumes when Bob Mould came on stage.

Actually, i forgot about the “im just like you” comment. Wasn’t that when walking nearly 3miles back to where we were parked and the band went whizzing by in a flotilla of blacked out windowed Merc minibuses

soobalias
    Free Member

last night was fantastic deathcab and biffy were ok, but FF really know how to put on a rock show

does DG really enjoy it as much as he seems, or is he one hell of an actor

they have such a great back catalogue

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Actually, i forgot about the “im just like you” comment. Wasn’t that when walking nearly 3miles back to where we were parked and the band went whizzing by in a flotilla of blacked out windowed Merc minibuses

It was when he was having his ‘times like these’ moment on his own little worship platform whilst his band sat backstage having a brew.”this is the best job in the world”- yeah, we know dave, stop going on, and take that gum out of your mouth. Biggest cheer of the night was when he ‘downed’ a pint of beer, amazing.

Sorry , just thought it was boring. If the best they have to offer is monkey wrench etc then you can see my point of view. The drummer cant believe his luck , he seems to enjoy higher status than the rest of the ‘band’- awwwww, int it sweet, he even sings a song (badly) and plays the drums like a pub drummer.

( as for bob mould, may as well as been my uncle geoff for all people knew)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Elderly, coasting stadium rock band fails to live up to the hype, shocker.

Who’s “Bob Mould”?

toby1

Margin Walker – why the f*** did you pay £50 to go see them then?

_tom_
    Free Member

So many sour grapes in this thread 😆

skiboy
    Free Member

Heard Grohl introduce a certain older special guest from my bed last night , it’s ***** F-ING ****** nice bit of swearing that most of MK heard hehe , I google mapped it I live 1.8 miles as the crow flies from the stage,
    Was out riding with my daughter on the parks yesterday and I can confirm that most of the people heading toward the bowl were indeed pissed and wearing flip flops, skinny jeans , etc real dreggs , I remember the days if ozz fest at the bowl, proper metal / rock fans , looking forward to hearing sone more swearing tonight

I did Dawn on me earlier that as I can usually hear the concerts that most likely means I will have to endure a night of JLS next month ….ffs

Jase
    Free Member

Live miles from the bowl and I could hear it clearly.

Think guests are different on each night.

skiboy
    Free Member

jase,

we will find out in an hour or so
    😀

soobalias
    Free Member

wow, did margin really spend fifty quid to sulk moan and complain

sorry you were so far back you couldnt see, but MK Bowl, you shoulda realised
    sorry you dont like what the Foos do, but again, you have had more than fifteen years to work that out

Jase
    Free Member

Can’t hear anything tonight thankfully!

wrightyson
    Free Member

MOn the Biffy!!!!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

soobalias – Member
    wow, did margin really spend fifty quid to sulk moan and complain

No I didnt.(thankfully….phew!)

orena45

Well, I had an awesome time last night….loved the warm up acts, loved the music, loved the engagement with the crowd, loved the fireworks at the end. Well worth the 600 mile round trip 😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

I just got back from the sunday night show.
    Was hoping to be wowed by the Foo’s but went more for my sister who’s a big fan and to make up for not paying enough attention to them at the IOW festival.

TBH, I was a bit bored too..

I like a few of their hits but have always felt like I want a bit more from them. When they released all my life I thought ‘cool – theyve grown some nuts’ but they havent really topped that, and that was 9 years ago now (!).
    Fair play to anyone who loves them, I can kinda see why, but just cant quite buy in to them whole heartedly.
    Also agree that the crowd was full of chavvy nob chops.

Loads of fit girls there though! and sadly even more fat ones.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Just arrived home from last night at MK. JuniorCando & Mrs C had a great day. Got in the inner circle and had a great relaxing day. DG was a great lead man, atmosphere was far better than Wembley stadium 3 years ago.

Cougar

Just got back too.

Good gig on the whole. Cliffy Biro were great, and Jimmy Eat World were decent too. The Foos are a great live band but TBH it lost it a bit for me yesterday; the atmosphere wasn’t all that great, which was the issue I think. Someone else commented ^^ about townies in flip-flops, I think there was a percentage of the crowd that had got tickets solely because they live in London and have disposable income.

A couple of lads tried surreptitiously to take my photo a couple of times at one point; I spotted them and ducked out of the way (cos I was considerably more sober than they were) so they then asked me directly if one of them could have their photo taken with me because apparently I “look like Dave Grohl.” I have long dark hair and a goatee beard, which is about the extent of the similarity; I’m boggling somewhat that having long hair marks me out as unusual at a bloody rock concert, but I think that pretty much summed up the problem with last night.

billybob
    Free Member

I did Dawn on me earlier that as I can usually hear the concerts that most likely means I will have to endure a night of JLS next month ….ffs

Even worse you live in Milton Keynes! 😉

Went to the Sunday night show, thought they were good, very much enjoyed Jimmy Eat World, & Biffy. Saw Biffy on their tour earlier this year & after watching them yesterday think they’ve moved up a level in performance (although they seem to have forgotten to include an pre-Puzzle songs)

Thought it was a great appearance from Seasick Steve.

Regarding the crowd there do seem to be a lot of idiots who turn up at gigs these days, we were in the inner circle & there was a gang of about 6 middle aged blokes getting smashed in the early afternoon however they seemed to peak to soon & I didn’t see them again after Jimmy. The crowd generally were no where near as bad as the scousers @ the Arctic Monkeys gigs at old traford cricket ground a couple of years ago, it looked like they were out just to start fights & cause trouble.

The Times like these bit on the front stage can be taken 2 way – ego worship for Mr Grohl, or the chance for those who couldn’t get into the inner circle a chance to see their hero up close….

S_J
    Free Member

Went to the gig last night and thought all the bands were pretty good – the Foo’s really do put on great show. DG is the main man so it’s no surprise the focus is on him.

As for the venue, I’m not sure I’ll be bothering to go to another gig there. Hyde Park is a much better veue for outdoor performances IMO. It seems that they really squeeze the capacity and the banking doesn’t help when when trying to negotiate all the bodies whilst carrying four pints in paper cups!it must be absolute carnage if it’s wet. I agree with the comments on the atmosphere as well. Everyone seemed to be generally unimpressed you felt they need to access the bar or the toilets.

There also seemed to be a serious issue for all the ladies trying to access the facilities as quite a few had taken to squatting in the trees on the banking in plain view!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

went on saturday and Biffy and the Foos were brill! Tommy Cooper was pants.

A much better venue than anywhere in london too. For those of you that live in london gigs at Hyde Park wembley and twikkers are a complete ballache to get to and from with your victorian transport system! MK was easy drive 3 hours park a pub carpark after giving the landlord a tenner, walk 2 miles to gig walk back to car after gig, beat the suckers who were too lazy to walk a couple of miles to miss the gridlock from the venuepost gig. 10mins to M1 and back home happy days!

dogbert
    Free Member

We got parked 2 qmiles away at the MK stadium, walk was a ball ache due to me wearing stupidly heavy caterpillar boots instead of trainers, but as a scotsman i like to go prepared for the weather, unfortunately i easnt prepared for the heat.

The toilets were very nice according to a mate, but that was mainly coz everyone was using the trees instead……another mate started sing at some girls “we know what your doing” which caused much hilarity when about 50 people turned round to see two well dressed girls pissing in full view

kinda666
    Free Member

Went last night, thought the Foos were great as usual, but like many have already said too many flip flop wearers for my liking! At one point Dave did his “how many people have seen us before speech and I was shocked at how many folk hadn’t seen them before and I thought when it came to the point where the crowd sing the bit at the start of Breakout it was a bit of a poor showing tbh!
    I blame the crowd 🙂

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Who’s “Bob Mould”?

nearly pressed the report post button!

Jimmy, Biffy and Foos all stunning. bit hoarse today, sore and a bit sleepy. Mr Grohl, if you’re reading this, please play “For All The Cows” next time. Thanks.

kinda666
    Free Member

A few people around me went “ooo it’s that dj bloke look”

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Foo Fighters, Milton Keynes, last night’ is closed to new replies.