Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Foes Fatty
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Showerman you have a beargrease to love and cherish!

trout
    Free Member

as the bikes have evolved is it the bike or the rider
    rigid got beat in the races by front suss then came fully and started winning
    SS also wins so who is going to be the first to win a big race on a Fatbike

Maybe that could be your next big challenge Terrahawk take the Puffer on a fat bike

mtbel
    Free Member

it actually jumps really well with all that weight down low and spinning in the wheels!

No. it really doesn’t!

folk who aren’t very good at jumping can feel more stable in the air on heavier wheels/tyres though.

I can explain tomorrow why it doesn’t “jump really well” in far more detail if you like.

rOcKeTdOg

I can explain tomorrow why it doesn’t “jump really well” in far more detail if you like.

Don’t bother, no one cares

tazzymtb

Fat bikes are fun and very easy and forgiving to ride, hence the tide of tubby low skilled blokes riding more slowly than ever whilst screaming look at meeeeeeee. The foes looks ace, but will pobably spend most of its life in the hands of someone who’s never going to ride fast, or technical and put six tonnes of crap plastic mud guards all over it whilst biffling aroung llandegla. Fat bike zealots also need to accept that its just another bike, but that gives thier cack skills and poor fitness an acceptable excuse.

I like my fat bike, its ok, it makes me smile, but “over enthusiastic newbie fat bikers” are knobs

rOcKeTdOg

“over enthusiastic newbie fat bikers”

yes! how dare someone be enthusiastic about riding and steal the idea from someone who’s had a fat bike for ages! 🙄

piemonster

Fat bikes are fun and very easy and forgiving to ride, hence the tide of tubby low skilled blokes riding more slowly than ever whilst screaming look at meeeeeeee. The foes looks ace, but will pobably spend most of its life in the hands of someone who’s never going to ride fast, or technical and put six tonnes of crap plastic mud guards all over it whilst biffling aroung llandegla. Fat bike zealots also need to accept that its just another bike, but that gives thier cack skills and poor fitness an acceptable excuse.

>shopping time for Piemonster

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Can’t help but chuckle when I see the sad people on here putting negative comments about fat bikes.
    It’s kind of the same when you watch a youtube video that you think is awesome and the comments section have people like on here making stupid comments about something they have not tried, makes you wonder why theyclicked on the video to start with?

Surely the resaon you even clicked on the thread topic would have been intrigue?
    Had my fat bike a few months and it’s the most fun I have had in years!

You can slag it off all you want but apart from being a bit slower than folks on their full suss 29ers the grip and control is unmatched, however I must get something to cover my mouth as the constant grinning and laughing lets far too many flies in 🙂

tazzymtb

Rocket dog..you missed the “over” bit out of your response…enthusiasm in all riding is ace as riding any bike is bloody brilliant, but the way some folk go on you expect them to then start spouting about not only is it the fastest bestest bike in the world, but that its also cured cancer and solved the middle east issues.

rOcKeTdOg

Had my fat bike a few months and it’s the most fun I have had in years!

shush, you don’t want to upset the pioneers with all that enthusiasm!

pimpmyride
    Free Member

“I like my fat bike, its ok, it makes me smile, but “over enthusiastic newbie fat bikers” are knobs”
    And the award for the most rediculous comment of the day goes to…….

tazzymtb

Awesome! Can I get a trophy and everthing…with extra mud guards on..and bad colour matching…that is Really heavy…..and looks a bit crap? 😉

and RD its nowt to do with “pioneers” if somone was equally ott about their religion you know like an evangelical god botherer, I’d want to stab them as well.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Crikey, someone is actually starting to sound like quite a scary and unstable person! Time to stop talking me thinks.

singlespeedstu

Tazz does have a point
    Some of the fatbikes posted on here look like they’ve been smeared in glue and ridden through the accessory sale section at Halfords.

Lester
    Free Member

lots of bikes look like that on here, not only fat bikes, but who is anyone to condemn any one elses taste.
    Tazzy makes me laugh it wasnt that long ago he wanted a fat bike for his 5`3″ girlfriend, wonder if he took the p**s out of her too

pimpmyride
    Free Member

So what your saying is if a lovely new 29er had a halfords seat bag, halfords bar grips, and halfords own brand tyres on then every 29er on he planet is crap?

singlespeedstu

lots of bikes look like that on here

Doesn’t make it any better and fatbikes owners seem to be some of the worst offenders. 😉
    Tazz takes the piss out of everyone.
    Himself included.
    PMR.
    I’ve not said that have I.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Lester: I feel sorry for her if she does get a fat bike, over enthusiastic newbie fat bikers are not welcome on here.

tazzymtb

Lester..yep she has a small pug and no strangely I don’t as she rides a fat bike but doesn’t go on about it being the best thing in the whole wide world….but thanks for trying to make a more personal attack? My young son rides a fatty as well…want to bring him into it? And strangely even a nine year old who loves his bike to bits..doesn’t want to put half of halfords on it and then add spokey dokeys.. (although that would be ace)

So, back to the original plot line. .the foes looks ace and in the right hands it will be an awesome bike, its nice to see bikes being developed and something bit more interesting than wheel size changes coming from the bike industry, zealots are still knobs though 😀

pimpmyride
    Free Member

“I’ve not said that have I” Kind of mate, if you mentioned fat bikes in a collective sense then it may of sounded better, but it sounded like you said only fatbikes are tarted up bad looking bikes that’s all 🙂

singlespeedstu

What I said was

Some of the fatbikes

Not

only fatbikes

🙂

Mine looks teh awsumz.
    It’s still just a bike though. 😉

Lester
    Free Member

id agree that the ginormous wheels and the rim tape showing through the cut outs can be very very bright, but id say the rest of the stuff done to fat bikes isnt that much more than is done to other types of bike.
    but having said that
    nearly everyone who has ridden a fat bike, whatever skill level they are, has said how much fun it is, so maybe, just maybe there is something in it.
    as the saying goes
    fat-bikes are like fat-birds,they are ok till your mates see you riding one 🙂
    personally i wouldnt like to ride a space-frame, but i have no idea why

Lester
    Free Member

Tazzy
    you made it personal when you said tubby newbies with no skill lol 🙂

it wasnt a personal attack on your girlfriend, it was a comment on your mindset, slagging off people who wanted fat bikes when you wanted one yourself, it did seem rather strange.
    unreserved apologies and no offence meant to your girlfriend, but i suggest you take it with a smile as well as dishing it out 🙂
    and i do agree with you zealots are a bit annoying, but why cant you be proud and excited about getting anything new you have wanted and then got.
    fat bikes are great
    so are 26ers
    so are 29ers
    and id be excited by anything new i got and would want to share the love with fellow single trackers

tazzymtb

Lester, I haven’t slagged anyone off for wanting one? The phrase was over enthusiatic as in some on here and the fat bike forums and on the trails that are the new Messiah’s of fat.

no mindest changes needed..I find overzealous singlspeedies or 29er-ists or OMG THIS BAND IS THE BEST IN WORLD er-ists just as in need of culling from the gene pool.

The fatbike uk champs in march are going to fun as I’ll be chasing slow moving fatties with a chainsaw, just to watch their little chubby legs spin their ridiculous low gears that bit faster 😀

and no apologies needed as its all piss take but thanks xx

Ringo
    Free Member

Your all ****

Lester
    Free Member

phew im glad thats sorted as i hadnt meant to upset you.

i personally am over enthusiastic as im an older biker and ive found a new lease of bike life since i did a skills day, and i really really do have the biggest grin when im on any bike on any day and any weather, fat bikes included

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Maybe a group hug would sort this all out?

wwaswas

Your all ****

“You’re”

hth 😉

Ringo
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    Your all ****

“You’re”
    hth

🙂

Lester
    Free Member

group hug? nahh
    we are all adults, until we get on our bikes, then we are all kids

Euro
    Free Member

Please do. Those grinning, fun loving, fattie goons need that fake smile wiped off their chubby little faces.

scotroutes

The fatbike universe does seem to have attracted more than its fair share of whingers. The most common complaints are that “they (the media mostly) just don’t understand us”, followed by “they (the newer manufacturers) are introducing all this technology to fleece us”. “They (the longer-established brands) are over-charging us” seems to have dropped off the radar a bit.

As for over-use of accessories many of the first UK Fatbikes seemed to be unable to ride along a beach without looking like they were kitted out for the Iditarod. I reckon we’re now just seeing the same variations we see in other wheel-sized bikes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don’t bother, I’ll probably be out riding my fatbike grinning like a loon over the jumps making motorbike noises safe in the knowlage that I’ve got an underused BMX in the back of the shed should I ever feel the need to worry about what you think.

wwaswas

I’ve always felt you get a couple of extra jumps for free if you do any sort of drop to flat on a fat bike.

The rebound from the tyres isn’t very well damped so they tend to launch the bike back in the air.

I try to make sure I do the first landing at least vaguely pointing away from any trees, just in case the rebound leap sends me off piste.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

As always it’s the rider that makes the ride, not the bike. If people spent as much time, effort and cash upgrading their skills rather than pondering the multitude of different kit upgrades or N+1 options then we’d be a nation of riding god’s. Me included.

There was a guy at Cannock last Sunday on a 29+ (not sure if they qualify as Fat bikes or not) who looked like he was having a whale of a time. He was hooning round there quicker and more skillfully than the usual crowd of Trail/XC/AM/HT/FS etc. equipped riders out that morning. I’m sure he would have been having just as good a time whatever he was riding.

There is no such thing as crap bikes – only crap riders.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There is no such thing as crap bikes – only crap riders.

There’s no such thing as crap riders*, only judgemental people.

*people who can’t modulate their rear brake properly on a busy trail excepted.

boltonjon

Euro – classic 🙂

A fat bike is already 70 funs even when no one is riding it. Jumping (even poorly) starts at 40 funs and can exceed 90 funs if done properly. The maximum funs allowed for any bike is 100 so it’s against the law to make a fat bike jump good

officerfriendly
    Free Member

This thread, jesus christ…

On the Mutz, does anyone know how much the UK pricing is? (:

rOcKeTdOg

Too much to get enthusiastic about 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Foes Fatty’ is closed to new replies.