Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Focus ST owner question
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Flange – nice list but I wouldn’t list the Astra. Have you ever tried driving ANY Astra around a corner at anything like a racy speed? I can’t imagine the sort of trouble you could get into in a VXR.

flange
    Free Member

I had a quick go in one and didn’t find any real issues, but to be fair that was on a half hour test drive and it didn’t have the big wheels on it. They’re good money now though, as are the VXR Vectra estates, maybe another to consider? 320bhp, huge inside and my mate hustled one round the ring in 9m30 on Avons…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I had the woefully under-powered SRi variant for three years and remember (whist trying to follow some boring middle-of-the-road car) one excursion into, well, the middle of the road when it lost all hope of any grop and understeered amazingly badly – I lost all confidence in the car after that. And it wasn’t some corner that caught me out – I use the road loads and know the corner well – the car was just not up to the job.

wrightyson
    Free Member

MF, owners of the vxr rave about its handling to be fair, that is until it gets wet…..

xiphon
    Free Member

As it’s been said already – don’t buy one if you’re worried about fuel economy.

We’ve recently bought a mk1 TT as our only car… but it means we have to pedal around more, which is no bad thing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF, owners of the vxr rave about its handling to be fair, that is until it gets wet…..

They must have done something miraculous with it over the SRi then!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Focus ST owner question’ is closed to new replies.