Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Float lockout woes, probable hamfisted content :oops:
  • stayhigh

Morning All

I have a set of Fox Float 140 RL’s (08) which the lock out has stopped working on after I changed the seals. It was fine before hand however when I rebuilt the fork it has stopped which leads to believe I’ve done something obviuosly wrong in the reassembly.

To compound matters I’ve also lost a couple of the little bb’s that go in the lock out lever. Does anyone know the size of these so I can try and source some locally so I dont have to wait for the post?

Cheers all 🙂

hambl90
    Free Member

Try compressing the fork a few times with lockout off then check if the lock out is working.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Put the rebound on full and cycle it up and down about 20 times. This helps bleed the air out of the damper etc. That should do it.

stayhigh

I’ll have a go at trying this but will also need to replace the bb’s from the lock out lever.

Does anyone know the size of these?

LoCo
    Free Member

As said above cycle the fork 10/20 times with rebound on full slow to bleed any air out.
    Did you remove the lockout lever too as it’s easy to get it out of orientation as it should stop when fully clockwise to engage the lockout as well.
    Also is the oil level definatly correct?

We have the balls in stock as well for pence or free with an order of some other items 😀

stayhigh

Yeah I took the lever off so I reckon thats where I went wrong. I’m going to strip the forks back down and start over again to try and rectify this.

I wanted to get this done today rather then wait for post. There is a bearing place not far from me which was why I was asking about the size of the bearings.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just take the lockout lever off and rotate the lockout hex fully clockwise after cycling them and see if it works, no need to strip them and loose a load of oil. 😉

1.85mm for the bearing 😀

stayhigh

Cool will give that a bash and see how it goes 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Float lockout woes, probable hamfisted content :oops:’ is closed to new replies.