• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flashing Speed Signs!
  • JimStark
    Free Member

Our council has taken to installing those flashing speed signs on lamposts, they’re obviously cheap ones cos it doesn’t matter how fast you go you can’t get ’em to read above 30!

derek_starship
    Free Member

They’ll be the ones off ebay 😆

Or maybe your speedo is fecked!

Onzadog
    Free Member

By any chance do you have local elections coming up soon? Used in the wrong place, they’re worse than useless but the do fool people Into thinking that the local councillor has done something useful.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

you can’t get ’em to read above 30

Pedal faster 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

They might be the ones that are effectively saying “this is a 30 zone and you’re doing more than 30”, rather than “your speedo should be reading xx right now”.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I love these signs when on the bike, if i see the sad face pop up i feel like throwing my arms in the air and celebrating like i’d just won on the champs elysees 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

lol sharkbait, I think he’s either totally missed the point of the flashing 30 sign or he’s a comedy genius for the day 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They might be the ones that are effectively saying “this is a 30 zone and you’re doing more than 30”, rather than “your speedo should be reading xx right now”

And here was me thinking the OP was joking…

You WERE joking right?

joao3v16
    Free Member

When a sign flashes up ’30’ outlined in a red circle (i.e. not unlike an actual road sign) then it’s just a reminder of what the speed limit is, not how fast you’re going…

sharkbait
    Free Member

You WERE joking right?

The second one was, but joao3v16 is right. 🙂

phiiiiil

There’s one I go past on my way home from work that always lights up for me on my bike but never for any cars. How does that work then?

Hairychested
    Free Member

There’s one I go past on my way home from work that always lights up for me on my bike but never for any cars. How does that work then?

They work only for X-Men.

Taff
    Free Member

They stopped the ones that gave your actual speed as the chavs were seeing how high they could get them

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flashing Speed Signs!’ is closed to new replies.