Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • flashing orange light
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

my hubby just foned me to say theres an orange light come on (PICTURE OF ENGINE) on the dashboard of car. Honda Imagine car about 6 year old. ive read on sum forum it s the ECU detecting a fault and its stored a fault code on the car- which means the car needs taking to a garage to be hooked up to the computer and to have the ‘code read’ so we know exactly whats wrong with the car.. does this sound about right….

coffeeking
    Free Member

yup, it’s a check-engine light – could actually light for all kinds of reasons including the engine. Unless you get a STOP light, it’ll be fine for driving to the garage/home.

Pook

yes

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok after half an hours research on tinternet, apparently it was the petrol cap at fault tonite… my hubby musn’t have screwed it on fully and abit of pressure had built up behind the cap , so i told him to stop the car, unscrew the cap then back on agin and hey presto the orange light went out… mint ! no costly job needed there then..
    for future reference for anyone else….
    a couple of suggestions if the light comes on :::::

1. faulty connective wires/intermitent contact
    2. Emission controls malfunction
    3. check gas cap is secure
    4. check your engine is actually connected (hahhaah)
    anyway all is well now (ive had 3 Honda cars over the years and only once broke down in all that time (Honda..the power of dreams….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘flashing orange light’ is closed to new replies.