• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fizik Arione *CREAK!*
  • DezB
    Free Member

Finally find a comfortable saddle for my Tripster and it’s started to creak like Grannie’s old rocking chair.
    Is this a common issue with Arione saddles? I did get it off ebay as I was sick of spending out on new saddles and getting sore! It had hardly been used and was ok for a few months, but now it’s unusable really.
    I use the bike to commute every day, so should I splash out on a carbon one?

benjishucksmith
    Free Member

I’ve got two. The R7 and the R5. Never had them creak.

JoB
    Free Member

never had an Arione creak, plenty of seatpost clamps though

but if you need this as an excuse to justify a carbon railed saddle for your commute bike then carry on

davosaurusrex

Mine is silent

DezB
    Free Member

Oh its definitely the saddle, every movement makes it squeal.
    I’ll just get a new one.

for your commute bike

It’s a bit more than that, but no, I don’t want to spend silly money on a saddle if I can help it. They’re expensive enough!

everyone
    Free Member

I’ve got an antares that has just started creaking, I’ve given the rails a blast of GT85. No idea if it’ll help but it’s better than just leaving it!

DezB
    Free Member

Funny:
    If you are very spinally flexible you are a Snake. You achieve the performance position using your spinal flexibility alone not rotating your pelvis at all.

You will like the flat narrow and long shape of the Arione.

What rubbish. I’m stiff as a plank. It’s comfortable cos it doesn’t rub on me crotch. 🙂

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Had this on a Fizik Gobi but my Arione has been fine. Having just got a good deal on a Fabric Scoop pro I now have an Arione that’s surplus to requirements if you are interested……..

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, what sort? Needs to immaculate to go on my Tripster too 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fizik Arione *CREAK!*’ is closed to new replies.