Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Five Ten Freerunners – anyone use them for biking?
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

My poor old DX shoes are looking a little tired now so time for something new. Tempted by Five Tens but I’d rather something with a little more feel, like my Converse – so thinking of trying the Freerunners. The DXs have been pretty robust but as they’re the spd version (I only use flats btw) they’re pretty stiff and I do lose the pedals sometimes through the rough stuff – my AllStars rock but are completely impractical for mud riding.

Anyone tried the Freerunners? I’m guessing they’d have the same grippy sole as the Impacts but with a little more feel.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm, they have the same sole as MTB five tens (no idea if the freerunners will last as long with pedals….alot cheaper tho…! id say they be ok looking at the soles… no harm in trying them for that price.. 😉

GRAEMEJONES

I’ve got the 2010 mens version of those,although they are very comfortable,they seem to be too flexible for much more than an hour or so on the bike. They are very well vented though, so you soon get wet feet if there are any puddles about.
    HTH.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers both – as you say, reckon they’re worth a go at that price 🙂

donks
    Free Member

Ive have a few pairs of free riders and they have a much thicker pad of rubber on the sole. I have had each pair for about a year or so before tearing through the soles with the pedal pins….these look very good value for money but i think that the actual rubber is pretty thin and will be trashed when used with Gnar pedals.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think you should expaynd your wardrobe a little bit, Mama…

See? Orange and evryfink! 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooh, where can I get those! 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten Freerunners – anyone use them for biking?’ is closed to new replies.