Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fitting ISIS bottom brackets.
  • sunchaser
    Free Member

When installing an ISIS bottom bracket does my frame need facing? I’m currently using a Shimano square taper bb but, the cranks I want to fit are ISIS.

Anything I need to know apart from the crap bearing life?

Cheers for any help.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

No facing needed, same as a square taper.

woffle
    Free Member

easy enough to fit but just don’t expect them to last that long – I’m lucky if I get 12 months of regular use from one on my daily commuting bike. The current one is about 10 months old and has just started to creak…

bigjim

If you’ve not got a bb yet, the superstar isis BB is excellent – it has bigger balls you see. Avoid race face – they dont last!

oxym0r0n

The 5 year warranty on the Crank Bros one has been useful for me 🙂

Oh, and no need to face BB…

smiffy

I would go out of my way to get RaceFace Signature, there is much mythery about them not being very good, but a fiver every few years for bearings can’t be bad, can it? I’ve used them since they came out and never had one fail. Most others have to be thrown away when you can just pop into your industrial estate bearing shop and pop a fiver in the tea fund.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Never quite got the raceface bashing as ive got a srx one in the bike at the mo it’s getting on for 2years old and has been ridden through some right old muck and hasn’t failed yet(having said that bet it creaks next ride out)living in the flatlands of essex soil round here is sand ontop of clay so right good grinding paste mix in the winter,as for facing no need but would put some antiseize/copperslip grease on the threads makes it bit easier to get out when you need to.

sunchaser
    Free Member

Cheers for the help guys & SuperStar components are about 10 mins from where I live 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fitting ISIS bottom brackets.’ is closed to new replies.