Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Fitness…and how to lose it
  • cakefest
    Free Member

I've been riding my bike a while now, and have spent a good part of that time getting into [and out of] shape for various events like mayhem, sleepless, meridas in wales, polariseses. and just mucking about on the trails in my local woods, too.

i really enjoy getting fit. fighting through winter to keep motivated to keep going out and riding to build a base and generating some smiles, and in summer pushing up the mileage and riding faster and further, having lots of fun.

i've ridden a lot on my own, and with groups. i enjoy both, and find that each has different aspects that add to the enjoyment.

i haven't tried any structured methods of training, just ridden lots and tried to enjoy it. and i have ridden lots and enjoyed it.

but once i have my fitness, the one thing i seem to know more than anything, is how to lose it. once i've got to a stage where i know that my work is paying off, and i'm able to ride up that steep climb or do that extra 10 mile extension, or i feel myself sprint up a hill and keep on pushing hard over the top, down the other side, and up the next, i crown myself the new god of cycle fitness and kick back.

i was interested to see if anyone else felt the same.

bombadillo
    Free Member

fitness is peaks and troughs.
    no one keeps at peak fitness for long.
    just prior to peak fitness is when you are at your strongest, once you reach peak the next thing is a big downer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fitness…and how to lose it’ is closed to new replies.