Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • first world problems
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

The coffee queue in the restaurant this morning was eeeextraaaaa ordinarilyyyyy looooong this morning.. I had to wait ohhh 10mins.
    I am not impressed.

My phone keeps beeping with emails received, I seem to be receiving quite a lot this morning.. I am not impressed by the “beep”.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Somebody had the audacity to make eye contact with me on the tube.

Not today, this happened six months ago. My therapist tells me I’ll need at least another 12 months of weekly sessions.

camo16
    Free Member

@camo16 – I don’t understand, what other possible reaction could there be. Do you publish the black list for the use of others, or just put dead things through their letter box?

So far I’ve restricted myself to a stern, withering look whenever I pass a blacklist café/restaurant, you know, so I leave passers by in no doubt that this is an establishment that serves up inadequate java and, possibly, slightly stale scones.

I’m sure the proprietors quake when they see me… 😉

Oh, and apparently (this from Mrs 16) it’s my definition of ‘bad coffee’ that’s the first-world problem… but should I blame myself for having high standards?

The blacklist is available to all STWers venturing into the Liverpool perimeter…

DezB
    Free Member

My 250GB iPod is full up. Going through it all to decide what to remove to make room for new stuff is such a hassle.

grum
    Free Member

I know, it’s terrible. Since we had to let Consuela go (Austerity measures, such a shame), we’ve had to buy it in. And what with my partner’s yoga classes and my jazz group, we simply don’t have the time to make any ourselves.

Oh it’s really very quick darling. Some organic tahini from Suma and organic chickpeas from the local whole foods shop and you’re away. Then you just need some Palestinian lemons and some real extra virgin olive oil (direct from the farm in Italy, natch – none of this supermarket rubbish).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The blacklist is available to all STWers venturing into the Liverpool perimeter…

is there anywhere?

Some friends in Melbourne were once in Glasgow on ordering 2 latte’s they heard the waitress asking what a latte was – answer a frothy milky weak coffee – they ran

binners

camo16 – could you not do what any respectable middle-class, coffee and food lover does? Start your own blog where you can go into tiny, minescule detail as to every one of your completely legitimate and well-founded complaints. Then put links to it on the Guardian Food and BBC Good Food forums

I’ve heard some nay-sayers utter disaprovingly that this is just narcissistic, ego-crazed, self-important, turbo-whining – but what do they know? – surely it represents the very essence of the internet itself, and the whole reason why it was invented in the first place

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From It’s Grim Up North London

makeitorange
    Free Member

I had to buy a back-up battery for my iPhone so I could Strava a 6 hour bike-ride. I also had the massive hassle of walking to a shop to get it as the internet would not deliver it in time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what size Rapha Team Sky kit from a german website?

mikeconnor
    Free Member

camo16
    Free Member

camo16 – could you not do what any respectable middle-class, coffee and food lover does? Start your own blog where you can go into tiny, minescule detail as to every one of your completely legitimate and well-founded complaints. Then put links to it on the Guardian Food and BBC Good Food forums

wot – write it myself?

That would seriously cut into my power yoga time…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Oh, and apparently (this from Mrs 16) it’s my definition of ‘bad coffee’ that’s the first-world problem… but should I blame myself for having high standards?

if the fault is your own impossibly high standards, you should blacklist yourself – don’t worry, it’s ok to call the list black if you’re on it.

binners

wot – write it myself?

That would seriously cut into my power yoga time…

You could always dictate it, while a team of stonemasons chiseled it into marble tablets?

spacemonkey

I underdid my hardboiled eggs this morning, for my egg mayo

Yep, that really **** me off that does. There isn’t really a way to correct it IMO.

What I’ve started doing is boil the water (avec eggs) for 10 mins, none of this simmering lark. Then straight under the cold water and peel. Job done every time. As it happen I’m tucking into egg mayo, saucisson sec, leaves and a gram wrap right this minute. Nommage.

fasthaggis

One of my pot bellied pigs is depressed .
    I have cancelled all my apoinkments for the rest of the day.

jota180
    Free Member

Really pissed off now…

Forgot when my 0% deal finished on a credit card and have ended up having to pay one months interest before I could get another one in place and transfer the balance

brakes
    Free Member

someone in the office is constantly using uptalk (inappropriately raised intonation at the end of sentences) whilst on the phone and it’s really grinding my gears. I have been sighing heavily, but they aren’t getting the message.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Customers KEEP leaving the door open.

tomhoward

I bought something on the classifieds a 2am last night, and it hasnt even arrived yet!

fasthaggis

Tsk!I posted it this morning 🙄

mogrim

Some friends in Melbourne were once in Glasgow on ordering 2 latte’s they heard the waitress asking what a latte was – answer a frothy milky weak coffee – they ran

But she wasn’t wrong. Awful stuff.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I underdid my hardboiled eggs this morning, for my egg mayo

Yep, that really **** me off that does. There isn’t really a way to correct it IMO.

that isn’t a problem, you just need a proper first world solution

DezB
    Free Member

And, you won’t bloody belEEEEve this! My Graze Box has those horrible little vanilla seed things in it again! They are crap!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Dez, swappya, I got dried mango bits this week… massive meh, luuurrrrve the vanilla seeds. Also got bloody rice crackers as well… i mean FFS…

bikebouy
    Free Member

HotDesking..

You just know what I mean.

stewartc
    Free Member

CRC taking up to 8 working days to get kit out to me in Hong Kong.
    Also, I was on a United flight last month that didnt have a personal entertaiment system, we all had to watch the same films together for 13 hours.

DezB
    Free Member

Rice crackers? I’d complain to the highest authority.

xcgb
    Free Member

I’m going to buy one of those egg timers!

xcgb
    Free Member

Oh and my dog has run out of bio yoghurt!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Rice crackers? I’d complain to the highest authority.

Everytime they send me them I go online and click “Never send me these dry uninspiring things again”, but they come up with a new rice crackery thing and send me that instead… 👿

Don’t even get me started on the endless varieties of dip things…

unklehomered
    Free Member

AND I get a double sodding post on the forum, I give up, I absolutely give up!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The Crema on my post lunch Espresso was not good enough yesterday, they had bloody well better have sorted it today!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tea from dispensing machines is always vile.

Luggage blocking train compartments should be thrown out of the (sealed) windows.

Bikes blocking train doors should be chucked off at the station where the passengers are inconvenienced.

Kids who play music* openly in train carriages from mobile phones should have the battery taken out and forcibly shoved down the offenders throat

fasthaggis

theroadwarrior – Member

Basically what i’m saying is I’ve got a decent chunk of cash to spend on a quality 160mm bike but what can I actually buy? I’m pissed at the bike industry for selling out of 2012 stuff, not having any 2013 stock and annoyed the 2013 stuff is more expensive for less spec! Where are the options to buy frames or mix and match components, why do they run out of stock from one year before getting in their new stock?

I guess my only course of action is to wait for something decent to come up second hand, but thats a nightmare; no warranty on a bike that is probably still going to cost £2k – 3k, no idea what the previous owner has done with the bike- probably a whole bunch of ‘upgrades’ that need to be sorted out and a fork and shock wanting an expensive service.

Sandwich

Fasthaggis, harsh but fair.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘first world problems’ is closed to new replies.