Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • First time at Stanmer Park…
  • rewski
    Free Member

had a lovely blast around Stanmer on Saturday morning, luckily some of the Big Dog race markings were still visible, some very fast steep and narrow techy singletrack, my 710 wide bars were a bit of a handful through the woods, I’ll be back with some 600’s.

mcinnes
    Free Member

Cool. Did you get over to the other side too? Big Dog was on the left hand side of the park, but there’s a joining section across the ‘top’ and then lots more good stuff on the right hand side. In fact, my favourite trails are all on the right. Lots to see and do 🙂

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Got lights? 7pm Thursday’s @ the Sussex uni sports hall car park with BrightonMTB.org and a two hour blatt around most of the good trails…

5lab

where are the new bigdog trails? I know stamner pretty well – are the new lines obvious?

how long/fast are the thurs rides? I’m relatively slow at xc and my lights are pre-led so only run for a couple of hours :S

chiefgrooveguru

Hugh, the Thursday rides are very laid-back, you’ll keep up easily! Finish at 9-ish. I don’t think anything on the Big Dog was new, same course as last year. Rode a bit differently in the dry though!

rewski
    Free Member

I was just on the left side, I did wonder if there was more on the right, next time.

@ 5lab – I assume the big dog trails are the ones to the left, look out for yellow arrows on the ground and yellow tree stumps, and well worn singletrack.

m1kea
    Free Member

5lab – Member

how long/fast are the thurs rides? I’m relatively slow at xc and my lights are pre-led so only run for a couple of hours :S

I’m a roadie who can’t do single track for toffee and have coped fine with hanging on to the guys these past two Thursdays. 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I’m a roadie who can’t do single track for toffee and have coped fine with hanging on to the guys these past two Thursdays.

And still rode quicker than me up to the Upper Lodges on the way home on your first visit! Although when I led off down one long twisty run I did have time to do a bit of trail maintenance before everyone else caught up, so it all evens out in the end… 😉

m1kea
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru

And still rode quicker than me up to the Upper Lodges on the way home on your first visit! Although when I led off down one long twisty run I did have time to do a bit of trail maintenance before everyone else caught up, so it all evens out in the end..

Good point Alex, and it also proves the B’tonMTB crew are happy to cater for all abilities 8) – Mind you, am I chancing my arm with the lycra….. 😉

5lab

I’m not worried about keeping up down the hills, its the weight of my belly bike on the way up..

chiefgrooveguru

Those who like to hurry up the hills always end up having to wait for those who are less fit / saving their energy for riding down as fast as possible!

5lab

went out with BrightonMTB thisevening (I was on a blue NS Bikes Surge), a friendly bunch (some of whom I’d met before from the SussexMuddyArse rides) – and rode some trails that I’d not been on before. Cheers for the ride lads!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

I was in the park this eve with two other guys, met you lot here and there and then finally in the Swan Pub Falmer for beers and chips is a basket 😆

Must get around to joining the Btn MTB ride soon.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Rewski, were you the guy I chatted to on the way in? I was riding an orange Dialled PA, my girlfriend was on a silver Giant.

I should be down for a Thursday when my light arrives. See some of you soon?

Oh, and good job on the new bit whoever that was (berm-to-berm, linked doubles and the big wonky log thingy). I usually go left before that bit.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Stanmers great, just mind the tree’s! 🙄

rewski
    Free Member

Herman Shake – yes it was, I clocked the Orange Dialled, nice bike. I had a rear tubeless fail 20 mins after I saw you, in the nice drop turn at the bottom, had to train it back to Eastbourne instead of the intended SDW.
    Might tag along one evening if that’s cool?

HermanShake
    Free Member

What a pain! You must have only just scratched the surface, but at least that means there’s a lot more to find next time.

You’re welcome to join, my email’s shameer AT gmx.co.uk I work shifts so have odd times available, let me know next time you’re planning on coming down.

Paceman
    Free Member

May try and get along next Thursday, sounds good.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘First time at Stanmer Park…’ is closed to new replies.