Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • First ride with new bike!
  • lagerfanny
    Free Member

Took delivery of my Genesis Fortitude singlespeed last week and was able to have a couple of hours on it this morning. Must say I’m very impressed with it. The ratio’s just right for my kind of riding and it’s refreshing to stand for uphilly bits without the power sapping bounce of suspension.It turns in well on twisty bits and carrys momentum far with the big wheels.
    Also I must be one of the shorter 29er riders out there at 5’7” so don’t let that put you off, if your of that stature.
    As a mate said too, ‘there’s **** all to go wrong with it’ lol.

JohnnyPanic

Had a ride on a mates 26″ rigid singlespeed last week (not a fortitude) & enjoyed it. Something about that connection to the trail. What ratios does that run?

lagerfanny
    Free Member

The ratios are 18/33. So you have two more options of 17 & 16 tooth rear with the Shimano SF-MX30 freewheels.
    Best of all I got it on the ‘cycle to work’ scam/scheme! 😆

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Glad to see some rider feedback on these, I keep looking at them, but find that £850 is just a bit too steep for a rigid singlespeed bike. I love the look of the others too, but again find the price jump a bit bewildering. I guess with the singlespeed, you can always add hub gears later on though…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘First ride with new bike!’ is closed to new replies.