Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • First lone ride today…
  • darrell
    Free Member

well i’ve got no friends here in Norway to go riding with and my border terrier makes a useless trail hound so i almost always ride solo. the missus will ride with me if we pootle around a lake or sommat.

and speaking of riding its time to kit up and brave the north sea weather for a ride around some of the local trails

Sandwich

It’s the Joblesstrack Way. Tunes on low and please yourself, admiring the views. I find I stop less on my own.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I just feel I’ve found my old self again”

Deep, but I totally agree. You lose yourself in other people’s lives: bosses, spouses, kids, parents, friends. 3 hours a week of personal time doesn’t seem too much to ask to stay sane, so it’s not at all selfish.

Spending £1.5K on an additional and arguably unnecessary bike instead of taking your spouse on holiday – that’s more questionable! 😳

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Now I’m really laughing.
    It’s MrFC’s turn to go out today, but he’s in a bit of a slump and can’t be bothered.
    So I said I would go out instead!
    Well, I’ve never seen him move so fast to get his kit together!! 8)

So it’s my turn to assist with the giant Airfix helicopter being constructed on the dining-table by my 8yr old…oh and make chocolate and shredded wheat Easter nests with Cadbury’s mini-eggs!!! 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You lose yourself in other people’s lives

er, NO! Although I’m very antisocial I love sharing the riding experience in a group 🙂

Christowkid
    Free Member

Interesting reflections from people.
    I do all my riding on my own. I’m in a small village, no bikers in it and after driving every day to and from work, just want a day away from the car, so ride from home.
    Sometimes it’s an effort to get out, but *always* something makes it worthwhile….. that buzzard, deer pinging round, foxes, a beautiful view…. that shaft of sun highlighting a hill…which reminds me that it always is worth the effort. Also, blows away the cobwebs of stressy work things and general life detritus, …… I find my mood much better after a little bit of private space.
    Just need to do it more often!
    hey ho.
    Q

twohats
    Free Member

99.9% of my riding is solo, its the way I prefer it…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“giant Airfix helicopter”

Sounds interesting, got a piccy?

Driller
    Free Member

Can I come with you next time you go solo riding?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

OK,OK, buzz…maybe “giant” was a bit of an exaggeration…but it’s hundreds of bits of grey plastic, glue, stanley knives, boxes, instructions, clothes pegs(??), spray cans, scissors all over the gaff and we can’t sit down to eat!! 8)

And yes of course Driller you can accompany me on my next solo ride…oh… but then it’s not… 😯

😉

Trekster

just back from another solo round Ae. Spotted 2 deer and loads of pheasants toady. Sometimes tend to stop more & longer when I`m on my own. Find a nice quiet view point and just chill. Have a few strategically placed logs and stanes around various forests now.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘First lone ride today…’ is closed to new replies.