• This topic has 45 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by timc.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • First ever trip to Northumberland in June
  • timc
    Free Member

Heading back up to Northumberland for a whole week next week, cant wait, love the place!

Elan Pizza in Seahouses & lovely & great vfm Rascal, Id recommend.

Is Kielder the sensible mtb destination as i was considering a long over due return to Glentress or Inners???

rascal
    Free Member

timc – few comments about Seahouses being like Blackpool have kinda put me off a bit TBH.
    Pods are nearby and it has great pub (The Old Ship) so not totally binned off yet 😉

burko73

Drac has it mostly. Alnmouth is nice as well, nice pubs etc and beach. Sea houses is a dump. Good if you like static caravans and bazzed up vauxhall corsas.

Tynemouth and cullercoats are nice on the way up and the fish quay is good for fish surprisingly!

Bunnyhop

Could any locals give me some ideas for some riding routes on quiet lanes/roads? This is for hubby and myself on our tandem. Hills aren’t a problem.

Thank you.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Never been when it’s been warm though..

my two favorite days of the year here in Northumberland are my birthday and summer 8)
    that is me in one of ir-bandito’s photos wearing a short sleeved jersey and it wasn’t my birthday.

@Bunnyhop
    stay off the main A-roads and dual carriageways and you’ll be fine

timc
    Free Member

I honestly didn’t think Seashouses was bad, nowhere near as bad a Blackpool!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘First ever trip to Northumberland in June’ is closed to new replies.