Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • First day out since….. Thanks STW’ers!!! (pics?)
  • finners

Late last year i injured my leg from a result of muay thai and crashing my bike on an enduro race. Resulting in a nice bit of surgery. worst case senario would be i couldnt ride again due to nerve damage etc etc. I was off work for 2 months as walking was a problem. During this time i spent a lot of time (and a fair bit of money) on STW. The result was the bike i built in the pictures. Pretty much all the parts are from STW. Today i went out for the first long ride on the trails………….Leg held up nicely, weather was just as nice and the bike was a dream!! Basically a big thanks guys!! heres some pics (well if my technologically inept self has done it properly.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/3414499399_d3c9d431e9.jpg?v=0
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilfindlay/3414502693/in/photostream/

finners

what do i have to do to put the pics on the thread?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Here you go

Just give us the url for the photos’ home page and we’ll check em out.

finners

did the second link work?

scaredypants

did the second link work?

not exactly – makes it look like you’ve a 600mm seatpost in there !

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – good work fella

Tracker1972
    Free Member

That stuff on your leg looks suspiciously like the mesh we used when re-plastering the bathroom. It was a surgeon that sorted your leg yea? 🙂

finners

well scaredypants, its actually a 590mm 😛

tracker1972 – i hope it was a surgeon, how qualified i dont know. my local hospital is also a teaching hospital for the university. so was probably done by some hungover med-student! 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ahhh, plastered as opposed to a plasterer, glad it worked out anyway, had best fun on a ride for ages last Wednesday but can only imagine how much better it would have been if I had been worried I might never ride again. Bad enough having a few weeks off with a bad back.

finners

Tracker1972 – it did make it all the more sweeter thats true. but even a few weeks off with a bad back is a fecker. glad you had fun!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Time off was over Christmas but annoying all the same, Wednesday was just out of the blue a great ride.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Nice bike! SWorks M5 from about 04?
    Glad you’re out on a bike again just in time for spring.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘First day out since….. Thanks STW’ers!!! (pics?)’ is closed to new replies.