Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fire pit tables, are they any good??
  • Painey
    Free Member

Sorely tempted to buy one of these on an end of season clearance deal. The type where you can fit 6 people around and the centre of the aluminium table converts into a fire pit, bbq or ice bucket for your drinks.

Thing is I can’t find much feedback on them but they sound like a pretty good idea. Especially as I have a mountain of wood leftover from felling some trees. Also the aluminium looks a good bet for patio furniture as it won’t need the care/cleaning that wood does.

Anyone any experience of these? Bit random I know…

Cheers

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got one. I wouldn’t recommend burning wood in them as it get really smoky and without a chimney it gets in the way. I’d expect something like a chiminea would be a better idea to burn wood.

The BBQ option is pretty good though and sitting around as your food cooks is pretty cool.

Painey
    Free Member

Cheers. That’s kind of what I was thinking would happen re the smoke.

garage-dweller

Got one. Bbq thing is good.

Wood not as good if it’s breezy. A good hot fire isn’t too problematic but if it starts to die down you start to feel like a kipper…

Painey
    Free Member

There’s no shortage of wood to keep any fire going!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have one, as above the fire gets smoky if its breezy, but it’s nice to be able to keep your legs warm under the table. Mine lives under a tree & maintenance wise it’s been ace compared to wood.

Cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fire pit tables, are they any good??’ is closed to new replies.