Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Finally got round to pictures of my latest yeti build
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

One good thing about all the snow, been meaning to take pics of my build for ages 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Odd way to run your shifters/brakes, but otherwise, rather nice!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I don't get it?

It looks like an XC frame but with an E-13 and XTR cranks?

What's it for?

XH?

DR?

FC?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeti's do nothing for me. Enjoy anyway.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

#
    CaptainFlashheart – Member

Posted 4 minutes ago # Report-Post

Lots do it (me included) helps with 1 finger braking

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I don't get it, whats odd about the shifter set up??

Brakes set up for 1, maybe 2 finger braking, and shifters closer to the grips?

Whats wrong with that? ❓

sherry
    Free Member

Nice bike. What's the matter with the brake/shifter set up? That's the way I run mine, although maybe not as far inboard.

pinches
    Free Member

Odd way to run your shifters/brakes

Why? brake lever in board for 1 finger braking, my intense is almost the same.

druidh
    Free Member

My set-up (including a Poploc)

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Brakes set up for 1, maybe 2 finger braking, and shifters closer to the grips

They are VERY in board though….. I still don't get it – what's it for?

I can see lots of pimp kit – but it kind of looks like a champagne, truffle and lobster pizza – the best stuff, but makes no sense (but then I am easily confused by modern bikes…..)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maybe it's because I have mine on Matchmakers, and still have a perfect one finger braking and easy shift set up (Avids and Sram). Maybe it just looks funny to me.

backhander
    Free Member

Me too on the shifter/brakes, I prefer it this way.
    NIce bike, large or extra large?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Are they tallas forks because otherwise you have ruined the 575's climbing capabilities with a 160 fork and all those spacers under your stem.

yetiguy
    Free Member

The shifter set up is perfect for my big hands, and one finger braking.

Admittedly they are a little far apart but when bombing down some singletrack, its probably the last thing i am thinking about.

Its comfortable

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if its large or extra large he obviously has bigger hands than you CF

carbon337
    Free Member

Yeti's do nothing for me. Enjoy anyway.

This kind of bollocks has been appearing more often here, just on Friday a guy with a brand new Five comes on and it gets slated for being ugly.

If you dont like what you see dont comment and leave the thread IMO. If you were face to face with the guy you wouldnt say that so hiding behind a screen somehow makes it ok.

I think this yeti looks ace, more pics please

TheSwede
    Free Member

Got my glasses on now and can see they are tallas. Would still drop some spacers though.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

The shifter set up is perfect for my big hands

Do you have extra fingers? The tip of the lever looks in board from the inner edge of the grip!

Personally, my webbed fingers (I am from Lincolnshire) would prevent this.

druidh
    Free Member

carbon337 – Member

If you dont like what you see dont comment and leave the thread IMO. If you were face to face with the guy you wouldnt say that so hiding behind a screen somehow makes it ok.

If you post a photo, you've got to expect both good and bad comments.

Oh – and 5's are ugly.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

If you were face to face with the guy you wouldnt say that so hiding behind a screen somehow makes it ok.

No, I would tell him.

Don't post if you don't want a roast.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'd happily comment in the same way face to face, even to someone I'd only just met on the trail. It's called an "opinion". Doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it just is.

Oh, and as to the size of my hands, they're rather large, and you know what they say about a man with big hands…..
    .big gloves

😉

ojom
    Free Member

I like it. Looks good.

carbon337
    Free Member

So you really would say – "i dont like it, looks ugly" to someones new pride and joy. You wouldnt just bite your lip and move along keeping unwanted opinions to yourself?

sherry
    Free Member

It looks like an XL bike so he probably has large hands and needs to run the brakes further in on the bar. I know some kids who still like to brake with all their fingers but I thought most seasoned bikers like to brake with 1 or 2 fingers to keep better control of the bike. Maybe apart from the light weight cranks I don't see anything wrong with the build! Looks like a great bike to me. Maybe a few green eyed monsters out there?

coogan
    Free Member

Jeez, untwist yer panties. I couldn't care less if anyone thought my bikes were ugly. Its just an opinion about a bunch of tubes welded together.

lord
    Free Member

yes nice bike , but what sort of black magic voodoo is keeping it from falling over ?

lord
    Free Member

yetiguy
    Free Member

Heres the thing.

I do have very big hands, i am a big guy ! 😉

As for the champagne truffle, etc etc. The point about a self build is that you can spec what you want. I happened to want an e 13 with XTR spec.

I know that the whole point of forums is for people to voice there opinions, so hey, if you dont like it, no biggie. Its your opinion.

I happen to LOVE IT, dream build and all that.

To the peeps that said they like it. – Thanks !

To be honest i havent even ridden it properly yet, die to the snow, so may drop the spacers yet.

See you all on the trail 😀

muggomagic

I think what chunky said was "yeti's do nothing for ME, but enjoy anyway.

Why would you care what they said if you were pleased with your purchase?
    I think Yeti's look great, but I'm with the Dr. with regard the mixture of the parts.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

As for the champagne truffle, etc etc. The point about a self build is that you can spec what you want. I happened to want an e 13 with XTR spec.

Which is cool. That's why I'd ask the question. If you want an XC bike with an E-13 then it's fine – I just like to know you've thought about it rather then just bolt the blingest bits you can onto a frame.

P.S. Are you Yet-Guy who used to get flamed on ChocolateFoot and rode a lot down in Swinley? If so – it's an improvement on the last bike I saw you on – LOL!!!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Mine is a bit DH / XC too but it works for me. Would like yetiguy's forks though.

robhughes
    Free Member

but what sort of black magic voodoo is keeping it from falling over ?

it,s yeti stuff.some people see it some people don,t.
    it melts in to a snowy background. 😉

yetiguy
    Free Member

yes nice bike , but what sort of black magic voodoo is keeping it from falling over ?

😀 A small stick and photoshop

stugus
    Free Member

nice bike + nice quality pics. What camera you using?

is that a carbon rear then?

yetiguy
    Free Member

One of the reasons i wanted an e-13 was because my last outer ring, took a huge slice out of my calf 😳

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Mine is a bit DH / XC too but it works for me.

SPD pedals, triple chainset, better brake lever placement.

Yours passes 😉

DrRSwank
    Free Member

One of the reasons i wanted an e-13 was because my last outer ring, took a huge slice out of my calf

LOL – please tell me you're talking baby cow……

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Carbon boy. I think they are ugly and overrated. That's my opinion so get over it 🙄 I also mentioned 'enjoy it', which it the most important thing for him. If you're the sort of person that worries about what people think then forums where free opinion is allowed is not for you. And for the record I would say it to his face, why not? What sort of cotton wool world do you live in? I own a very ugly bike but I don't give a fudge what anyone thinks because I like the way it rides. Plenty of people have said to me how ugly it is and we just laugh about it.

Get over yourself.

Oh yeah, 5's are ugly too! :finger:

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Oh yeah, 5's are ugly too! :finger:

Name ONE attractive mountain bike? It's all subjective.

My Patriot is as ugly as sin. My Prince Albert (oooh-errrr) is not much better. They're all just tubes and bits that only a mother could love….

It's not the looks I have an issue with – it's the bits – which has been (sort of) explained (as in it has DH parts to save personal injury when riding!?!?!?!)

Flapjack
    Free Member

Looks sweet! As it happens I'm waiting for my brand new 575 frame in Ano Black to turn up – hopefully tomorrow (DHL permitting!), then it's down to swapping the bits over from the Heckler.
    Anyone had any bad experiences of the carbon rear? I'm a bit of a bat-fasted so played it safe and went for the alloy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Finally got round to pictures of my latest yeti build’ is closed to new replies.