Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fiat Panda – much space in the back for bikes?
  • -m-
    Free Member

…just curious…

I know the current Panda is pretty small in the back/boot, but does anyone have any experience of sticking bikes in the back with the rear seats down? I’d be interested to know of any practical issues, level of disassembly required, maximum number of bikes etc.

Nothing too big / fancy bike-wise – medium sized hardtails, the occasional road bike etc.

Many thanks

simon_g

I used to own a Cinquecento and two bikes, wheels off, fitted OK in that with the seats down. Can’t see a Panda being any worse!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I don’t even put the seat down in the back of our Panda – just whack a sheet over the seat and take the wheels off, lying the frame on the seat. You can still get three people in too!

With the seat down you could easily get 2 mountain bikes in no bother.

They are bigger than you think inside, loads boxier than a lot of other similiar sized cars and roomier than some bigger ones too.

rootes1

yer my mum happily transports two full size greyhounds in the back of her panda..they like to stand… when not asleep

loads of space with the seats down and the space is nice and square plus accessible

-m-
    Free Member

Sooper-dooper. So not only have I learnt that bikes will fit without difficulty, but also that:

a) bikes fit OK in the back of a totally different car
    and
    b) something totally different fits in the back of the car I was asking about

😉

Thanks all for responding – gives me the info I was looking for.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The rear seats in mine are pretty much down on a permanent basis making it like a sort of micro estate car. A couple of bikes fit in fine with the wheels off.
    But you know that already now 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

But the question now is, could you fit two standing greyhounds in a Cinquecento?

🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

get the 4×4 version:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y[/video]

🙂

Notice how he didn’t take on the same steep corner section in the Range Rover – I think they went for a deliberate fail on the Fiat to keep people happy.

khani
    Free Member

2 bikes ( large 5spot, medium salsa full suss) with wheels off and seatposts out with kit no probs in mine
    Top little car, I love it 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Khani – those two bikes cost more than the car! 😆

You’re right, great little cars.

khani
    Free Member

Mines a multijet, Just put some faaaatt wheels on it, it’s a little roller skate that averages 60 odd mpg and go’s like a little stinker!
    Much fun!!!

crankboy
    Free Member

So now you know the answer is yes . We can easily get a P7 and Superlight in our panda just by taking the wheels off . We did drive home on the test drive and check before buying.

wingnuts

Had one as a hire car in France a couple of years ago. Excellent little gacon. No probs with bikes when seats down. wouldn’t hesitate to have one. recomended one to my mum when she changed hers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Panda – much space in the back for bikes?’ is closed to new replies.