Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Festivals!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just returned from an epic weekend at v, but answer me this, why in gods name would you take a dump in one of the showers, in fact several of them for that matter. Utter scumbags!!!!!!

Harry_the_Spider

Some dirty fecker crimped one off in one of the showers at MM in 2004.

Northwind

I’ve never used the showers at a festival. Babywipes and deodorant! But if I did, I doubt I’d do a poo in them to be fair.

trailmonkey

whilst i’d be disgusted to find that someone had shit in the showers, i’d be equally disturbed to find someone bathing in the toilet.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup baby wipes were legend for the weekend!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve never had a poo in a festival shower…

…not on purpose anyway 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Last time I went to Leeds someone had smeared shite on the doorhandles of the portaloos. On the inside, so once you were inside you were trapped.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, really? That’s grim 😐

wrightyson
    Free Member

That ^^^^ is not good at all!! What would posses you to grab your own shit anyway????

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What would posses you to grab your own shit anyway????

The queues at the food stalls get bloody long sometimes 😕

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It was perhaps the grimmest thing I’d ever seen. Brings a new meaning to the phrase ‘Dirty Leeds.’

wrightyson
    Free Member

Be the same again this weekend no doubt. Has a rep for kicking off there as well, so wonder if it’ll be bad this year what with the recent rioting??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stop! We’re going on Saturday…just for the day though 😕

wrightyson
    Free Member

Have a good one DD, sure it’ll be great. Some **** managed to set fire to his tent last night, I’m almost certain it was on purpose. He was roundly boOed before we managed to put it out and that was roundly cheered!!

Taff
    Free Member

Which leaves you with a dilemma… you’ve just queued for several hours for a shower… do you go in or wait potentially another half hour

Been doing IOW for years, had it once or twice over the years. Also didn’t like a random couple in someone elses tent doing the no pants dance, stealilng their duvet and leaving a used rubber… grim

wrightyson
    Free Member

Taff we’re on about doing iow next yr, is it kid friendly you reckon?? Wouldn’t dream of taking em to v, theres a lot of “sorts” about!!

Taff
    Free Member

Wrightyson – yes lots of kids there with their folks and to be fair its a pretty relaxed atmosphere there so you should all enjoy. As with all festivals / large gatherings there are some of that sort but in general never had any major issues. Had a tent trashed last year but been fine other than that in about 4-5years. Just keep any valuables on you as I’ve known people lose money & electronics even when in their tent.

yunki
    Free Member

Taff we’re on about doing iow next yr, is it kid friendly you reckon?? Wouldn’t dream of taking em to v, theres a lot of “sorts” about!!

Beautiful Days festi in Devon is my kid friendly recommendation.. some of the headline acts are a bit more for the older punters.. you certainly won’t find any pop acts.. it’s run by the Levellers and it’s ace for the little ‘uns..

john_drummer
    Free Member

Has a rep for kicking off there as well

IIRC that hasn’t happened since it moved from Temple Newsam to Bramham a few years ago now.
    however, simply because of the traffic, I shall be avoiding north-east Leeds this weekend

Northwind

john_drummer – Member

IIRC that hasn’t happened since it moved from Temple Newsam to Bramham a few years ago now.
    however, simply because of the traffic, I shall be avoiding north-east Leeds this weekend

Nah, there’s been quite a few “disturbances” since they moved. Though nothing on the scale of 2002, they did have a decent stab at the title in 2005 I think. 02 was properly mental. (also converted me to digital photography- I was still using APS and I ran out of film 🙁 )

Reading’s a safer bet though, much less petty crime as well. And the security’s generally better, though last year had some real bad apples. The “no fires on the last night” rule has made things a bit weird, the old party atmosphere’s gone and now every fire’s a flashpoint. Terrible mistake IMO. But we’ll see how it pans out this year.

john_drummer
    Free Member

last festival I went to was Reading. 1986.

far too flipping expensive these days, especially as you have to fork out before you find out who’s on. £200 to see Jessie J & Rihanna? no thanks

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Northwind- I was there in 2002 when it kicked off big time. A police helicopter hovered above our tent for most of the night after some little scrotes set fire to the bogs. We ended up giving up and driving back to the north east at 5 in the morning. Would be tempted to go back if it wasn’t for stuff like that happening.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As it happens rhi rhi was rubbish, however jessie j was great!! Again arctics were rubbish, no interaction with the crowd whatsoever. But a big surprise of the weekend were ocean colour scene who were awesome, along with tinie tempah, example, calvin harris, and the ball of energy that is dizeee rascall!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It depends what fesitval you go too doesn’t it.
    I went to Latitude and it was brilliant, no hasstle, no mess, no one sh*ting where they shouldn’t yadda yadda.

Cougar

if I did, I doubt I’d do a poo in them

You doubt? You’re not sure?

I went to Camp Bestival this year. Very family friendly, not a whiff of trouble.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

BBB2012 – Date announced already!!!

18th / 19th August 2012

Northwind

GlitterGary – Member

Northwind- I was there in 2002 when it kicked off big time. A police helicopter hovered above our tent for most of the night after some little scrotes set fire to the bogs.

You weren’t by any chance up on the hill, looking downwards towards the first lot of burning bogs/food stalls? If you were, we were practically neighbours- we had the chopper parked above us for ages. I will never forget the sight of portaloos blasting themselves into the air like poo-fuelled rockets.

It’s never really happened again- though we relocated to Reading after that year, more convenient for a mate of mine and, not to put too fine a point on it, less s**teheels. Never been to the new site but Temple Newsam was absolutely awful so we didn’t have much faith in the fallback site being better.

This year might possibly be a wee bit edgy. We’ll just use our approach of camping somewhere slightly outside the epicentre, making friends with the locals, oh and being as scottish as **** at anyone who looks at us funny :mrgreen: Usually works.

will_e
    Free Member

That’s Horrible! Why would anyone do that?
    Love that picture 😛

sc-xc

The thing is, there are festivals….and there are festivals.

Go to any of the big corporates, and quite frankly you get what you deserve. Pop bands performing for what seems to be a different type of crowd to the festivals I prefer.

As yunki, BD is great…but there are loads of smaller <10,000 people festivals out there that will make you wish you’d never heard of V.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BBB2012 – Date announced already!!!

18th / 19th August 2012

Oh FFS 🙄

Northwind

sc-xc – Member

Go to any of the big corporates, and quite frankly you get what you deserve.

I agree- I deserve a great weekend and that’s what I’ve always had from the big festivals.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Festivals!!!’ is closed to new replies.