Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Fernando Torres…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Best bit of business in the league this year. It looks like he’s turned Michael Owen, and his best days are behind him. Just goes to show you should be careful what you wish for 😆

billybob
    Free Member

thought it was fishy when they bought him & there was no noise from Man City…. unless he finds some form soon he will go down as the biggest transfer flop in history.

13thfloormonk

I’m only an occasional MOTD watcher, but wasn’t he pretty poor at Liverpool by the end? Why on earth did anyone pay that money for him??

Hairychested
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

too early to gloat wait till end of season but does look like excellent business

nonk
    Free Member

reminds me of when keegan sold andy cole.

billybob
    Free Member

reminds me of when keegan sold andy cole.

Except Andy Cole continued scoring regularly with goals bouncing in off his ass, knees, chest & ears.

mikey74
    Free Member

As a Liverpool fan I do pray he doesn’t score for Chelsea, but I’m not naive enough to expect him to go on like that: He will score, eventually 8)

I used to think that he was the complete striker, unlike Owen, but the way he has been playing for Chelsea, and previously for Liverpool this season, has really shown up his flaws, whether they be psychological or or otherwise.

To be honest, I haven’t been overly impressed with Carroll so far, so we can’t exactly gloat over paying exorbitant fees for a waste of space….yet.

billybob
    Free Member

To be honest, I haven’t been overly impressed with Carroll so far, so we can’t exactly gloat over paying exorbitant fees for a waste of space….yet.

I think Carroll will come good, provided he stays at the boyzone concerts & out the bars & pubs, don’t forget he is returning from injury & give him 4-5 full games before starting to pass judgement.

Suarez looks like a bargain tho….

nonk
    Free Member

Except Andy Cole continued scoring regularly with goals bouncing in off his ass, knees, chest & ears.

did he?
    i thought it all turned a bit pish.
    i just remember most toon fans coming round to the idea that it was a good sale.

billybob
    Free Member

121 goals in 275 appearances is a pretty good return if you ask me. Admittedly not as good as 55 in 70 for Newcastle.

Junkyard
    Free Member

did they not buy shearer though to replace him?? so it was good business.
    Did ok at Man U -not exceptional but not a flop by any stretch

nonk
    Free Member

aye that’s fairly canny to be fair.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbf Carroll is still some way short of peak fitness, I’m sure he’ll prove his worth. I feel sorry for Anelka who’s chelseas best striker but has had to see Torres move in front of him in the pecking order. I honestly think we’ve seem the best of Torres.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbf Carroll is still some way short of peak fitness, I’m sure he’ll prove his worth. I feel sorry for Anelka who’s chelseas best striker but has had to see Torres move in front of him in the pecking order. I honestly think we’ve seem the best of Torres.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Suarez looks like a bargain tho….

+1

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Eh? Where’s me post gone? 😕

iDave
    Free Member

It was a bollocks post elf….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No no, it was there, now it’s gone.

iDave
    Free Member

it’s on my bollocks thread for some reason.

mikey74
    Free Member

I realise Carroll is coming back from a long injury layoff, hence why I am happy to give him time. Torres doesn’t have that excuse any more 👿

Suarez = the real deal. Let’s hope his groin injury isn’t too bad 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Do what Dave? ❓

What’s happening? I’m frightened….

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Suarez is one of the best footballers i’ve seen in a lot of years. If there is such a thing as a £22.8m bargain then that’s it. Torres is certainly not twice the player that Suarez is.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Here it is! Found it! 🙂

Chelsea like their moody petulant strikers, don’t they? See Torres’ face when he came off? Looked well fed-up.

He’s not played as well as he could, for nearly two years now. Can he really blame all that on being at Liverpool? He hasn’t bin very gracious about the whole thing, has he? He would do well to take a leaf out of Dirk Kuyt’s book; selfless, hardworking and always committed. Kuyt may nor be the World’sbest player, but at least he isn’t that deluded to believe he ‘deserves’ to win trophies simply cos of his name. Kuyt earns the respect he gets, Torres merely demanded it. Get stuffed you ungrateful poncey floppy haried git.

I would dearly love to see Chelsea really fall apart, slip out of the top five, and Liverpool rise like a Phoenix from the flames, and win every remaining game. How I would laugh….

I really think paying all that money for Carrol was insane, but then paying £50m for Torres far more so. Madness.

Suarez though, eh? He looks the real deal. How on Earth did he score that goal?? What an impossible angle. And he tore Man U apart couple of weeks ago. Shame we coldn’t have had him in the Yerpa Cup.

Ah well.

Oh, and any Mackems moaning about that penalty; just one word: Karma.

I have no idea what it was doing on iDave’s bollocks thread. I mean, it’s exactly the opposite.

Doh. Flippin’ thing…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I had an irritating itchiness of the scrotum a few weeks ago; no idea what caused it, but it was cured by utilising a combination of moisturising cream and Germolene.

I think it may have bin cos of the cold weather.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh ffs…

I give up.

I’m going to go and have a lie-down.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Oh ffs…

I give up.

I’m going to go and have a lie-down.

The funniest post this week so far by a mile 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Fernando Torres…’ is closed to new replies.