Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • **** colds
  • z1ppy

I'm seemingly on my 4th cold since the start of the new year, snotty and lots of coughing.
    It's not just me, the g/f is the same, so I doubt it's not me being particularly un-healthy.
    We both exercise a reasonable amount and eat well. Very little take out, and a decent helpings of fruits, salad and veg in our diet (along with a good chunk of meat, for the iron obviously).

WTF is going on, and how can I stop getting them?
    Guy at work has mentioned Echinacea before now and I'm starting to think it might be worth a go.

edit: What is pi**ing me off the most is that I'd usually not stop riding because of a cold, but have missed more rides so far this year than any other in the hope of clearing them out.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I'm the same – on my third this winter and this one is crap – real bad throat, hacking cough, weak legs etc etc- considering some sort of supplements – anyone got any recommendations- and before it's said I'm too wimpy to MTFU and also its not good for the heart!

Philby

On my first this year, but had quite a few at the end of last year!

To make it worse the weather in Bristol this weekend has been perfect for riding 😥

Also got a load of work to do this weekend which is difficult to concentrate on when your nose is streaming and your head feels fuzzy.

Hopefully the weather will be the same next weekend.

I have taken echinacea for a few years – but I am beginning to wonder whether it really has any effect, as i seemed to be getting colds on an almost weekly basis in late 2009.

nickname
    Free Member

Same, think this is 3rd since new year. Had one a few weeks ago which seemed to go away, then I got another one (or the same one) last Monday, and it's still not cleared up! I only ever seem to get proper man-colds these days.

Admittedly I don't eat enough veg, so maybe it's my own fault 🙂

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I've had zero colds this winter; can't remember the last time I had one 🙂

My diet is so-so, exercise two or three times a week, alcohol maybe two, three times a month.
    At the first sign of a prickly throat I get out Vicks' First Defence. Use it for a day or two and the worst I get is a couple of sneezes.

It also helps that I'm half-chinese and believe that my immune system is vastly superior to all of yours. 8)
    Of course it's BS but I do think having a 'I-don't-get-ill' attitude works surprisingly well..

Blower
    Free Member

1st one today in 6 months…

rOcKeTdOg

natural selection innit

z1ppy

Cheers RD 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It also helps that I'm half-chinese and believe that my immune system is vastly superior to all of yours

not mine! I just don't get ill at all :o)

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ive also found that having kids has had a big effect – they seem to get a little germ magnify it a thousandfold and pass it on!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

thank **** i'm not the only one!!! currently drinking veno's straight from the bottle

3rd one since xmas, WTF! absolutely died on my saturday ride, couldn't cope with the climbs at all and spent last night keeping the neighbours awake with my coughing

also seem to have one for a few weeks, then have a weeks gap until the next one starts up

dasnut
    Free Member

weak immune systems eh?
    watch out for that piggy flu…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘**** colds’ is closed to new replies.